OpenSea (51-200 Employees, 664% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
OpenSea is the first and largest peer-to-peer marketplace for cryptogoods (like an eBay for crypto assets), which include collectibles, gaming items, and other virtual goods backed by a blockchain. On OpenSea, anyone can buy or sell these items through a smart contract. The OpenSea team has backgrounds from Stanford, Palantir, and Google, and is funded by YCombinator, Founders Fund, Coinbase Ventures, 1Confirmation, and Blockchain Capital.
OpenSea is the first and largest marketplace for non-fungible tokens, or NFTs. Applications for NFTs include collectibles, gaming items, domain names, digital art, and many other items backed by a blockchain. OpenSea is an open, inclusive web3 platform, where individuals can come to explore NFTs and connect with each other to purchase and sell NFTs. At OpenSea, we’re excited about building a platform that supports a brand new economy based on true digital ownership and are proud to be recognized as Y Combinator’s #4 ranked top private company.When hiring candidates, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in our culture, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, grow rapidly, and love our work. We also know how critical it is to celebrate and support our differences. Employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences and opinions enables our employees, our product and our community to flourish. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. To help facilitate this, we support remote, hybrid or onsite work at either New York City, San Francisco or the Silicon Valley for the majority of our opportunities.OpenSea is looking to hire an Events Coordinator on our Community team. We’re looking for someone who can execute upon a creative strategy, in partnership with our Head of Community and Experiential Production Manager (think: bespoke, interactive, creative events vs traditional booths). As one of our first dedicated Events hires, you will own a calendar of conferences and community events, working together with our Head of Community to decide the types of side events/popups/activations we want to produce at each of those conferences—from planning and logistics to coordinating with local producers who will be producing the experience itself. In this role, you will be a key driver of designing and executing events that reflect OpenSea as the most creative web3 brand and leader in the NFT industry.
What You’ll Do
- Coordinate and execute upon higher level events strategy designed for and by the OpenSea community & events team
- Work directly with Head of Community and Experiential Production Manager, to move along the different goals and initiatives of the department
- Overall events strategy will vary, but generally includes: partnerships for larger conferences, producing side events/dinners/gatherings/parties to piggyback on larger conference circuit
- Coordinate with local restaurants, venues, and vendors for small, large, and sponsored events including negotiating budgets, specific event details, and owning all housekeeping documentation in a timely manner
- Manage internal budget requests, contracts, and paperwork with internal and external stakeholders
- Coordination in community events as well as developer driven events like hackathons and other grants-focused events
- Managing of partnerships and other sponsored relationships within the context of OpenSeas events; may include communication, planning, and coordination of goals during the planning phases
- This role will involve travel to some of the key events
If you don’t think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we’re looking for someone who is excited to join the team.
- 2+ years in event production, coordinating, or planning roles
- Experience, background, or relationships in event partnerships is a huge, huge plus
- Process driven: someone who can work on a 3+ month planning schedule and can make sure everything and everyone is on track—including staying on top of vendors, local production teams, experiential partners, and all other partners that will bring the event to life, and making sure internal team members are moving along their deliverables will be equally as important
- Track record of coordinating and/or planning events
- Mindset of ‘no task too big, no task too small’—you can handle pulling the levers of large budget experiences, and you can handle pushing the paperwork for it too
- You’re scrappy—OpenSea operates like a startup, and finding ways to be resourceful for our events (and particularly for our budget) is essential
- Strong work ethic, hustle, communication, writing ability, and business development sensibility
- Deep curiosity, relentless resourcefulness, and a growth mindset
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks in a rapidly shifting landscape
Nice to Have
- Familiarity with the NFT/crypto space, either professionally or personally