Metaplane (1-10 Employees, 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Metaplane helps companies trust their data.
Our observability platform helps data teams (like Imperfect Foods, Reforge, Drift, Vendr, Appcues, and many more) continuously monitor their data pipelines so they know when things break, what went wrong, and how to fix it — before executives message them.
We’re a Boston-based, remote-friendly company founded by MIT and HubSpot alums. We’re backed by leading investors such as Y Combinator, Flybridge, and notable angel investors, including the founders of HubSpot, Okta, and Lookout.
Check out our recent podcasts on the dbt Analytics Engineering Podcast, Software Engineering Daily, Monday Morning Data Chat, and SuperDataScience to learn more about our story. We’d love to have you onboard!
We’re focused on building the best data observability platform on the market, but we recognize that bringing data quality to all companies requires more than just building a great product. We also need to spread awareness of how data observability can help data teams deliver data their colleagues can trust.
As our Community Marketing Manager, you will evangelize our brand and product to our community of data engineers. From social media and community development to webinars and events, you’ll drive results at the top of the funnel. You will work closely with our head of marketing and founders, but should expect to collaborate with the whole team.
If you’re a customer-centric and data-driven marketer with a passion for driving business growth, this job is for you.
Your day-to-day at Metaplane
As part of our growing marketing team, your day-to-day responsibilities will include the following:
- Regularly interview members of our target audiences to better understand their needs, goals, and pain points
- Own the execution of our social media strategy, management of our social content calendar, and leadership of quarterly brainstorms
- Skillfully distribute our content and campaigns through social and referral channels to maximize our return on investment
- Design, manage, and market an engaged online community where data teams can connect and learn
- Plan, deliver, and host monthly events including online summits, in-person meetups, and webinars
- Build relationships with influencers and prospects by engaging with them online, inviting them to contribute their ideas to our content, and giving them the spotlight during virtual events
- Build relationships with and conduct outreach to reporters to help us earn media coverage by relevant industry publications
- Audit our marketing programs, analyze past performance data, and keep tabs on industry trends to identify gaps in our strategies and opportunities for improvement
- Track your progress toward company goals, presenting monthly, quarterly, and annual reports to leadership
Is this you?
- You have 2-3 years of community marketing experience at a B2B SaaS startup, preferably one that targets a technical audience (bonus points if that audience includes data teams)
- You have a proven track record of driving meaningful results across the customer journey, but especially the top of the funnel
- You have deep expertise in social media, community development, and events
- You’re an experienced program manager who feels confident juggling multiple projects with competing deadlines
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and enjoy working with others
- You have a degree in a relevant field plus industry certifications from HubSpot or similar that demonstrate a commitment to life-long learning
- You’re comfortable with technology and find it easy to learn how to use new tools
Benefits of Working at Metaplane
- Competitive salary and equity
- Fully covered health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Work-from-home stipend
- Ownership of your work, and collaboration with a closely-knit team
Metaplane is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusion at our company. We welcome people of different nationalities, backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. If you don’t feel like you hit 100% of the requirements above but are passionate about our mission and space, please apply.