Openly (51-200 Employees, 690% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Openly is an insurance company that specializes in premium home insurance sold through independent agents.
Openly is rebuilding insurance from the ground up, re-imagining, and improving every aspect of the customer experience. Doing this requires a rapidly growing team of amazing, curious, empathetic people with a wide range of skill sets–spanning technology, data science, product, marketing, sales, service, claims handling, finance, etc.
And now is the perfect time to join the journey. Here’s why:
- It’s working. We’re now in ten states and on our way to operating countrywide. We have thousands of agents selling our product and millions of dollars of annual customer premiums.
- We’re well backed & stable. We closed our $40M Series B fundraise in December and have years of cash runway in the bank. We’re backed by some of the top investors in the world–including Google’s “Gradient” AI-focused fund, Obvious Ventures (Beyond Meat, etc.), and Advance Venture Partners.
- It’s not too late! Despite this traction and stability, we’re still early enough in the journey that there’s time to make a real difference during Openly’s formative period.
If you’d like to understand more about Openly’s mission, consider checking out this video from a company pitch we gave several years ago at Techstars. It’s outdated (before the initial product launch!) but still telegraphs the journey we’re on.
Openly is building an advanced claims organization leveraging technology and experienced property claims professionals to build a best-in-class end-to-end customer experience. This role is a remote-only position and applicants must have an adequate working environment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Full knowledge of insurance contracts, investigation techniques, legal requirements, and insurance regulations
- Ability to work effectively in teams and with a wide variety of people
- An aptitude for evaluating, analyzing, and interpreting information
- Can create estimates and review losses up to $500,000
Excellent skills in the areas of:
- Customer service
- Investigation techniques
- Time management and the ability to multi-task
- Verbal and written communication
- Negotiation and reserving
- Innovative thinking
- Current Claims Adjuster licenses in one or more states preferred but must be able to obtain additional state licenses
End to end property claim handling to include:
- Provide superior customer service
- Investigation and coverage analysis
- Handling and oversight of all aspects of claims to include dwelling, contents, ALE, etc
- Complete estimates using CoreLogic estimating software
- Adhering to estimating best practices
- Manage and collaborate with vendor partners
- Determine appropriate method of inspection
- Conduct virtual inspections (video, AI, etc)
- Examines potential subrogation and identifies potential fraudulent issues
- Prepares and maintains file documentation
- Negotiates settlement of claims with insureds, claimants, and vendors
- Discussing and giving updates to insureds, claimants, agents, and leadership throughout the process
- Provide input and ideas for continuous process improvement
- 10+ years of property claims experience handling large complex losses in excess of $100,000
- 5+ years in customer service and conflict resolution
- Education equivalent to a college degree
- Must be able and eligible to acquire an adjuster license in all required states and maintain it as a condition of continued employment
- Estimating experience in Xactimate, CoreLogic (Symbility), or a similar platform
- Experience working independently and in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft and Google Products
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organization and time management skills
- Innovative Mindset and Continuous Improvement
- Strong negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Must be tech-savvy as high-end technology tools will be used for adjusting (virtual inspections, estimating, etc)
- We are a rapidly growing company, with growth comes change. Candidates must be comfortable with constant change, adaptability, and flexibility
- Have experience and are comfortable working with public adjusters and attorneys
- Must have experience with formal claim handling to include proof of loss, reservation of rights, etc
- Competitive salary, corporate bonus program, equity position in a start-up company
- Generous medical, dental, vision insurance plans, 401k corporate contribution, FSA benefits
- Generous and fully company-paid parental leave policy
- “Work-from-anywhere” company that has fully embraced remote working, even prior to COVID restrictions
- Paid Time Off
- Fun, fast-paced, startup environment
U.S. Citizens, Green Card Holders, and those authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer will be considered.
Openly is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Openly is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Openly will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.