"Affirm, Inc." (501+ Employees, 110% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
Affirm’s Compliance team designs and implements a compliance program that proactively addresses regulatory requirements while also identifying potential compliance issues that may arise. Compliance program activities include advisory, training, testing & monitoring, reporting and oversight. Although a second line of defense, compliance partners with the business to support new products, markets, and initiatives, as well as issue identification, remediation plans and risk assessment. Compliance uses multiple data sources to enable informed decision making, strengthen controls and provide for better treatment of consumers.
Affirm is seeking a Compliance Lead to support its marketing compliance program, partnering with Affirm’s Marketing organization to enable compliant marketing. Compliance plays a fundamental role in growing the company’s markets and products! We target OKRs and provide subject matter expertise that protects consumers and improves the customer experience. In the capacity of Compliance Lead, you will collaborate with the broader legal and compliance organization to identify and assess risk within applicable requirements, and provide guidance to mitigate risk. The role will report to the Compliance Program Manager, Marketing and Lending, and will supervise two direct reports.
What You’ll Do
- Independently review marketing assets and provide constructive feedback.
- Meet frequently with cross-functional partners to steward marketing compliance requirements and guide the implementation of merchant and direct marketing.
- Develop and maintain internal and cross-functional training and reference materials to enable efficient compliance reviews.
- Identify, document and optimize critical processes to enable scale, conduct risk assessments, oversee the remediation of systemic issues, and meet the reporting and QA needs of Affirm’s bank partners.
- Mentor and develop your direct reports, building frameworks to help them operate consistently with the other members of the Marketing Compliance team.
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of professional work experience, including 3+ years in a regulatory compliance advisory role.
- 1+ year(s) of people management experience.
- Experience working in fast-paced, ambiguous environments.
- A strong interest in fintech and consumer financial protections.
- Experience working with consumer financial laws and regulations related to advertising, including UDAAP, CAN-SPAM, FCRA, TCPA, TISA (Reg. DD), TILA (Reg. Z), ECOA (Reg. B).
- Inquisitive and proactive in identifying problems and proposing creative solutions.
- Strong project management, critical thinking, and analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication with the ability to clearly present complex and contentious issues.
Location – Remote U.S.
Grade – USA27
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2021 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.