Community Phone (11-50 Employees, N/A 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Community Phone is a venture-backed, Y-Combinator graduate with a simple mission: make the phone call more powerful. We believe the voice call has been left behind technologically. Why, when I call KFC to order fried chicken, am I told to download an app? Why not have the transaction occur automatically as a part of the voice call itself?
That is our product plan for 2022. In 2021 we grew 20%+ month-over-month growth and profitable channels that are ready for optimization and scale. Our team expanded from 5 people to nearly 50. Our customers now include KFC, AT&T, and GM (as well as consumers around the country).
Our investors are the same early investors in companies like Reddit, DropBox, AirBnB, Twitch, Lyft, and other successful startups. We are customer-centric and believe that happy customers are the best salesforce on the planet.
Your mission in the team
As out footprint has grown, our compliance obligations have too. We need a leader who can manage the litany of executive-functioning required to run a telecommunications company compliantly (with a global staff). Note: You do not need a telecommunications background to succeed in this role.
You will be responsible for managing:
- Our federal compliance including FCC filings
- Our federal tax filings (with our friends at inDinero, our tax firm)
- Our state compliance including state tax remittances (with our friends at Avalara – our state tax filing and remittance firm), registrations, PUCs, etc.
- Our hiring compliance including state registrations, international documentation for contractors, quarterly filings (with our friends at Gusto – our domestic payroll firm and Deel – our international payroll firm)
- Legal requirements around health insurance (we hope to be offering health insurance, and this compliance piece is the element holding us back)
- Manage payroll (which is almost entirely automated)
You’d be a good fit if:
- You have 4+ years of experience in a compliance or business-ops role (does not need to be in telecom)
- You can move quickly and can be comfortable with ambiguity
- You are comfortable being the point person with federal and state governments, finance partners, and internal stakeholders on compliance matters
- You regularly get feedback that you have completed more work in a timeframe than others thought possible
- You possess strong verbal and written communication skills (in Enlish)
- Introduction call with our recruiter
- Introduction call with our head of ops
- Technical interview + review
- Interview with an investor
- Final Interview with CEO
- Reference check
We can offer
- An opportunity to take the business + consumer voice market in the US
- An chance to learn how to recruit for any type of position
- Nice perks (unlimited days off, company retreats, work-from-home set-up, etc.)
- Fully remote work with flexible hours
- Share and learn with a passionate and diverse team who breathe this company