Inscopix (51-200 Employees, 20% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
About the Role:
Inscopix is a brain health technology company that is empowering discoveries in neuroscience to find cures for brain health diseases like cancer, Alzheimers, Parkinsons, Depression and Chronic Pain. Data science is a key part of these discoveries. As our Computational Research Scientist, you will analyze rich biological datasets from therapeutic projects and work with the team to develop and apply computational strategies that unlock the power of that data to shape translational research. Inscopix is among the cutting edge companies doing computational neuroscience and one of the top places where you can do this work translationally. Rather than focus on publishing content, you will have the opportunity to be a fully integrated team member and to learn and to shape pharmaceutical and biotech research. If you enjoy doing translational research and want to use your computational skills to have a practical and important part in helping others at scale, this could be the right role for you.
- Collaborates with our neuroscientists and engineers to develop innovative products and powerful analyses of large scale video & time-series data
- Leads external neuroscience data analysis collaborations in industry and academia.
- Creates and builds exploratory analyses and reports on novel and existing algorithms for analysis of high dimensional brain activity and animal behavior datasets.
- Assists with integration of new data processing algorithms into existing software products.
- Connects insights from analysis of brain imaging data to biological meaning and suggests experimental and scientific direction for future studies.
We are looking for someone who has the following experience and background.
- Masters or PhD in neuroscience, physics, bioinformatics, math, statistics, computational biology/genomics, or related field. Masters is Required. PhD is preferred. (strong neuroscience knowledge and working experience if the degree isn’t neuroscience focused)
- Experience coding and programming in Python and/or Matlab which includes manipulating, analyzing, and visualizing data. Has some proficiency optimizing machine learning models and data visualizations for deployment in customer-facing products. Familiarity working in R.
- Enjoys working on a team and applying complex data analysis and machine learning techniques to answer neuroscience questions.
We would prefer this person be based in the (broadly defined) Greater San Francisco BayArea to facilitate some in-person interaction with team members working in our Mountain View, CA labs and office. We also have team members located in Vancouver, B.C., Seattle, San Diego, and Boston. For any non-Bay Area based candidates, we would have a preference that this person be based near one of those metropolitan areas. We may consider other U.S. locations where we have existing employees.
Please apply online at http://www.inscopix.com/careers. Our hiring team goes through emails every couple of days and will contact you if the role is a fit.
Inscopix is an equal opportunity employer.
Inscopix welcomes and values diversity and encourages candidates underrepresented in STEM fields to apply. Since our technology impacts people of different backgrounds, thoughts and beliefs, we feel it’s critical to employ people that reflect the diversity of people our technology is set out to help. Employment decisions at Inscopix are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity and/or expression, ethnic or national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, marital or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical or genetic history or any other protected status. Inscopix is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind.