Ellucian (501+ Employees, 5% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Together we are powering the future of Higher Education
Here at Ellucian, we are motivated by a mission the power of education to transform lives and change the world. We are the global market leader in EdTech for Higher Education, serving more than 2,700 customers and reaching over 26 million students in 50+ countries. We are dedicated to helping Higher Ed thrive by transforming their institutions to agile, digitally connected campuses that enable student success.
Consultant – Banner Financial Aid – Advisory Services
This role provides personalized and on-going guidance and support on Ellucian solutions and customer business operations post-implementation, enabling customers to maximize value from their solutions. The role works closely with the customer, building a relationship with the customer’s points of contact, understanding their business needs and the customer’s current use and knowledge of the Ellucian solution.
The successful candidate will possess a strong functional understanding of Banner Financial Aid and an overall understanding of Ellucian’s broad portfolio of solutions. Experience with Banner student finance is a plus but not required.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities :
- Work with customer to gain an understanding of their goals, priorities, processes and challenges related to the supported applications.
- Meet regularly (typically weekly) with the customer to maintain open communication.
- Provide personalized support to emails and phone calls from customer points-of-contact.
- Provide guidance and assist with planning and deployment of upgrades, changes and new functionality.
- Make recommendations and assist with the deployment of new functionality.
- Research solutions and provide support and guidance in response to customer questions and issues.
- Review with the customer their open and recently closed support cases and make recommendations to reduce future issues.
- Review with the customer relevant Support Center change requests, defects and knowledge articles.
- Share and discuss the implications of applicable Ellucian product information such as roadmaps and product announcements.
- Promote customer usage of Ellucian resources such as the Solution Center, product documentation and Communities.
- Conduct knowledge sharing sessions in response to specific customer needs
- Monitor customer support cases and coordinate response to accelerate time to resolution.
- Provide a channel for direct communication about Ellucian product critical issues.
- Visit on-site annually to understand the customers current business environment, goals and priorities; assess the customers current solution usage for opportunities; and work with the customer to create or update a support plan for the coming year.
- Work closely with other teams across Ellucian to drive the best customer experience.
General Requirements :
- A strong focus on customer service
- Taking initiative and delivering on commitments to customers
- Working independently on many concurrent activities
- Serving as a subject matter expert for specific technical or functional areas
- Understanding customer issues and brokering solutions between the customer and multiple Ellucian teams
- Effectively communicating and presenting to all levels within the customer organization
Banner Financial Aid Requirements
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working in a higher education student financial aid office or equivalent consulting experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of financial aid federal regulations and practices at an accredited institution of higher education in the United States or abroad.
- In-depth functional knowledge of business processes as related to student service offices and functions within colleges and universities.
- Hands-on experience with the management, configuration, and operational day-to-day usage of the Banner Financial Aid module.
- Expert knowledge of business process and Banner operations in the following areas: financial aid applications; packaging and disbursement; managing funds; student employment and federal/institutional work study; processing loans; satisfactory academic progress.
Desired Ellucian and Partner Product Experience :
- Expert knowledge of business process and Banner operations in the following areas: assessing fees, tuition, and other charges; processing, posting, and applying payments and credits; student billing and collections; third party contracts and billing; student refunds.
- Reporting from Banner and Banner Operational Data Store (ODS)
- Banner Workflow
- Ellucian Workflow
- Automic Applications Manager (formerly known as UC4) operations
- Payment Adapter (i.e. TouchNet Payment Gateway)
Desired Experience & Knowledge :
- Project management or team leadership
Req ID: 5095
Hiring Type: Full – Time
Level of Experience: Mid-Career
Travel Required: 0%-25%