Square (501+ Employees, 60% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
As a team, we are the direct link to the voice of our customer. When our customers need help they are usually in the midst of managing a small business and they don’t want to wait for answers. Simply put, they want to speak to a human. In an ideal world, we know exactly who our customers are and what they need the moment they contact us. Using information from previous interactions and current product usage, we’re able to quickly direct them to the information they need to rapidly resolve issues or realize opportunities.
Our voice capabilities take advantage of a global presence, ensuring local 24×7 voice support across time zones. The reliability and quality of services are driven by the scalability and efficiency of our platforms and partners. This relies on the interaction of multiple Square systems in a constant feedback loop where the voice platform provides real-time data to the business that can be consumed in future interactions. On this team, you will work on state-of-the-art technologies to ensure both internal and external customers have the best possible experience with Square.
- Lead a team of engineers providing foundational capabilities supporting multiple stakeholders and dozens of development teams while still participating in solution design, deploys, triaging and code reviews
- Grow the team by hiring qualified candidates, coaching and developing engineers, and employ your technical and managerial expertise to inspire the highest quality of work
- Work with Product counterparts to prioritize and organize the work to deliver new capabilities, manage the backlog and run ceremonies
- Set the vision for your space and manage all expectations of stakeholders and meet committed deliverables
- Partner closely with strategic vendors, manage costs and research observability trends and best practices
- Evangelize solutions, onboard and educate diverse development teams
- An advanced degree in computer science, engineering or mathematics.
- Experience designing applications with responsibility for infrastructure robustness, including networking, communications, server hardware and storage.
- Knowledge in application, server, or network security
- AWS Solution certification
- Knowledge of Information and Data security (PCI / PII / GDPR / DNCL / e911 / e164)
- 5+ years of experience managing, recruiting, and retaining strong engineering talent and growing effective teams
- 10+ years of relevant Contact Center Engineering experience
- Experience handling complex technical concepts, leading and working with remote teams to make decisions that allow them to move forward
- Experience in developing Amazon Connect contact flows using AWS Lambda , DynamoDB, Lex Bots, API Gateway required, Amazon Connect Streams for CCP Customizations.
- Must have experience in designing and implementing call routing using routing profiles, queues, call backs, emergency messages, hours of operations, holiday routing with dynamic messaging
- Experience with AWS architecture and services like Contact Lens, Transcribe, Comprehend, S3, IAM, Lambda, Kinesis Data and Video Streams, KMS, Secret Manager, Github , CI/CD pipelines for AWS lambda and knowledge of terraform for rolling out AWS infrastructure resources.
- Deep understanding of Contact Center Architecture / Reporting / WFM Integration / IVR / Speech Recognition / Agent Phone Panel (amazon connect streams).
- Good understanding of Salesforce amazon connect CTI Adapter integration.
Technologies We Use:
- Amazon Connect, AWS Lambda, AWS Dynamo, AWS API Gateway, AWS Lex (Voice / Chat Bots), AWS S3, Amazon Connect Streams.
- Terraform / Cloud formation
- Github / Snowflake
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.
We believe the economy is better when everyone has access. When everyone has room to grow. No one should be left out because the cost is too great or the technology too complex. So we’re building easy tools to empower and enrich people. Tools that shorten the distance between having an idea and making a living from it—because we believe in fair and square. We started with a little white card reader but haven’t stopped there. Our new reader helps our sellers accept chip cards and NFC payments, our Cash app lets people send money instantly, and we’re building easy tools for customers, too. We’re empowering the electrician to send invoices, setting up the food truck with a delivery option, helping the clothing boutique pay its employees, and giving the coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.