Container xChange (201-500 Employees, 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
In the 1950s, global trade changed for good. The invention of the standardized container suddenly meant that transporting goods across the world became affordable. And with that, paved the way for globalization and global wealth. But contrary to the container, most surrounding processes have not been standardized nor innovated—and are still frustratingly complex, manual, and error-prone.
That’s why our ambition is to use technology to simplify the logistics of global trade, making the processes around the container as simple as the container itself. We do that by providing a neutral infrastructure that connects all logistics companies to remove friction and create economic opportunity.
Container Operations Associate (f/m/d)
It is an amazing time to be joining xChange as we continue to transform container logistics around the world. We have grown to over 800 paid memberships serving over 2500 locations – ramping it up to 5000 customers by 2022. As our Container Operations Specialist, you will run day-to-day operations in the area of Equipment management. Your goal is to meditate on settlement processes, organize container surveys and inspections around the world, and support xChange members. You improve and transform existing processes to accommodate customer needs and the growth of our platform.
Hence, you are a strong operations specialist, thinking quickly on your feet and at the same time having the drive to improve unnecessary processes imposed by the industry. You run meticulous processes and are trustworthy in all dimensions. Being the operational “face” of xChange and creating relations with our partners, you are a natural people person. You bring pro-activity, organization, and planning that drive operational excellence.
Your responsibilities in a nutshell
- Run day-to-day operational Container damage settlement processes, including repair claims, documentation, and communication between all involved stakeholders
- Process new insurance policies and take care of all related refund claims
- Build and improve seamless operational processes related to surveys and the resulting communication with xChange members
- Align with depots and surveying partners worldwide on these processes.
What we’re looking for
- A hands-on attitude and a process-oriented mindset – you are eager to run day-to-day operations with a drive to improve existing processes continuously
- A self-starter with a high personal drive – you are excited about being part of rapid growth and have a strong desire to take ownership
- Excellent communication skills – you can empathize with stakeholders easily, understand their needs in the process and are not afraid to pick up the phone
- A passion for processes and improvements (via Excel, Google Sheets or other tools) is an advantage
What we offer
- Ownership from day one! You will have full responsibility and creative freedom to bring your ideas to life
- A dynamic and international team with ~60 nationalities across our fast-growing 300+ team members & extremely flat hierarchies
- A highly scalable product with a proven product-market fit ready to change the industry & do something good ♥
- A great working atmosphere with an open-minded and collaborative culture—plus a team of highly motivated & enthusiastic colleagues who can´t wait for you to join
- A fast-paced work environment and complex intellectual challenges from day 1
- Great location – our office is in the city centre of Hamburg!
- Goes without saying: Flexible home-office rules, regular team events and of course a wide variety of fruits and drinks in the office
- All employees become shareholders in xChange