Protocol Labs (51-200 Employees, 57% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Protocol Labs is a research, development, and deployment lab for network protocols.
Protocol Labs is seeking a Content/Editorial lead to develop and execute effective content deliverables for our portfolio and ecosystem projects including Filecoin and IPFS. The ideal candidate is an exceptional writer with a proven experience in communicating blockchain and Web3 concepts to developers, non-developers, enterprises, and newcomers.
As Content & Editorial Lead at Protocol Labs, you will..
Deliver robust content to support three discrete outcomes –
- Web3 Stack Education: Create content strategy that helps a mainstream, non-technical audience (including consumers, Wall Street, journalists, policymakers and regulators) understand the space.
- Web3 Stack Education: Create content that helps our developer audience better understand the capabilities of our stack. Using content as a driver for engagement and contributions.
- Filecoin as the go-to for storage
- Analyze content performance and use insights to produce better content and stay ahead of market needs.
- Work closely with project leads and product managers.
- Manage a growing team of strategic talented storytellers committed to publishing a regular stream of content that entertains, informs and inspires a range of audiences with regard to web3 and the Protocol Labs mission.
- Constantly collaborate with the ecosystem team, the w3dt team, and the production services team to support the company’s goals through content and social media efforts.
- Ensure content is adapted to local audiences, reflecting diverse values, culture, and languages
- Write blog posts, case studies, website content, newsletters, and social media for Protocol Labs and ecosystem projects.
- Stay on top of technology trends and announcements across the Web3 ecosystem.
You may be a fit for this role if you have…
- A minimum of 5 years experience building, managing, and running content strategy & operations, preferably in a startup technology environment.
- Proven work experience managing content strategy globally with a campaign-based, insights-led approach and a portfolio to back it up.
- Experience building content strategy in service of business and communications goals that map to KPIs.
- Mastery of multiple form factors — video, podcast, long-form, short-form, social.
- Management experience, preferably in a remote-first environment and having honed a motivating management style.
- Strategic thinker that is able to synthesize and prioritize inputs from various perspectives to create an actionable plan.
- Analytic rigor; a high bar for integrity, trust and quality; and a guiding curiosity to stay on the cutting edge of this fast-moving world.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, and a view around coherent visual identity
- Curiosity and an open mind.
Bonus Points if you have…
- A passion for blockchain-based software, developer communities, financial technology, and decentralization are a strong plus.
- Basic design skills (Figma, Adobe)
What’s it like to work at Protocol Labs?
Protocol Labs mission is to improve humanity’s most important technology, the Internet. We build protocols, systems, and tools to improve how it works. Today, we are focused on how we store, locate, and move information. Our projects include IPFS, Filecoin, libp2p, and more.
As a distributed team, we hire anywhere in the world, and at various levels of experience (entry, senior, staff). We look for people with unique perspectives and diverse backgrounds.
We have a great benefits package, including parental leave, contributions to your retirement, competitive pay, and unlimited time off. For U.S.-based employees, we also provide platinum-level health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family.