SecurityScorecard (201-500 Employees, 71% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
SecurityScorecard is looking for a content marketing manager/writer with strong knowledge of cybersecurity and the ability to deliver content that drives brand elevation and generates demand. This requires a keen understanding of thought leadership storytelling, as well as customer-facing materials based upon specific customer personas.
This role will develop content that will engage our prospects and customers and drive our overall brand, campaigns and programs. This person will have a great mix of left and right brain — a creative, customer-focused person who incorporates content strategy, forward-thinking planning, execution, optimization, and reporting results. Meticulous attention to detail is critical.
This marketing team member will join a high-performing growth-focused team and will report to into the Corporate Communications & Brand team but work cross-functionally with all aspects of Marketing, Sales and Business Units. They will be responsible for developing marketing content, including white papers and e-Books, video scripts, webinars, blog posts, and more. This also includes supporting bold and innovative press release writing, in support of the PR/Media Relations team. This person will produce content with a primary focus on brand/thought leadership, as well as customer go-to-market strategies and customer-focused programs that accelerate growth and revenue through upsell and cross-sell opportunities to help SecurityScorecard customers realize the full value.
The ideal candidate is a prolific and talented content creator with a portfolio that showcases strong writing and content creation, integrated campaign development and execution, a record of hitting fast-paced deadlines, and a mind for how to analyze metrics to optimize content campaigns for optimal results. This candidate should also have an eagle eye for editing — with a meticulous command of grammar and the English language.
Funded by world-class investors including Silver Lake Waterman, Moody’s, Sequoia Capital, GV, Riverwood Capital, and others with over $290 million in funding, SecurityScorecard is the global leader in cybersecurity ratings and the only service with over 2M+ companies continuously rated. Founded in 2013 by security and risk experts Dr. Aleksandr Yampolskiy and Sam Kassoumeh, SecurityScorecard’s patented rating technology is used by over 16,000 organizations for enterprise risk management, third-party risk management, board reporting, due diligence, and cyber insurance underwriting. This is done by measuring your and your vendors’ cyber-health by assigning a security rating of “A” through “F” based on outside-in, non-intrusive data. SecurityScorecard continues to make the world a safer place by transforming the way companies understand, improve and communicate cybersecurity risk to their boards, employees, and vendors.
SecurityScorecard is headquartered in NYC with over 400+ employees globally. Our culture has helped us be recognized by Inc Magazine as a “Best Workplace,” “Best Places to Work in NYC” by Crain’s NY, and one of the 10 hottest SaaS startups in NY for two years in a row.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Build a scalable digital/video content strategy and cadence and execute against it to deliver on brand goals
- Produce assets that drive action (e.g., download, subscribe, watch, etc.), such as e-Books, emails, landing pages, white papers, infographics, video scripts, etc. to support the success of strategic content campaigns
- Develop thought leadership content and support bold/innovative storytelling for press releases and more.
- Provide thorough content reviews to ensure content is error free and aligned with brand guidelines before publication
- Collaborate across functions and departments to meet content marketing business objectives and needs
- Measure and analyze content and campaign performance to determine areas for testing and improvement
- Optimize content to improve search engine ranking, visitation, and conversion
Skills and qualifications:
- 7+ years of content marketing experience
- Bachelor degree in Journalism, English, PR, Marketing, Communications, or other applicable degree
- Demonstrated success in content-focused marketing roles
- Excellent cross-functional collaboration and communication
- Creative thinker, problem solver, bias for action
- Passion for writing and storytelling with a strong portfolio of writing samples — both long and short form
- Analytical and always measuring, testing, and learning to establish best practices
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Experience with marketing technology (e.g., WordPress, Moz/SEMRush,Marketo, Salesforce., Wrike, Microsoft Teams/Planner and social channels) required
- Up-to-date knowledge of SEO best practices
- Experience in cybersecurity or SaaS software a plus
We offer a competitive salary, stock options, a comprehensive benefits package, including health and dental insurance, unlimited PTO, parental leave, tuition reimbursements, and much more!
SecurityScorecard embraces diversity. We believe that our team is strengthened through hiring and retaining employees with diverse backgrounds, skillsets, ideas, and perspectives. We make hiring decisions based upon merit and do not discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.