Jellysmack (501+ Employees, 538% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Jellysmack is the global creator company that detects and develops the world’s most talented video creators on social media. We’re an optimistic crew who naturally goes the extra mile, has a glass-half-full mindset, and sees challenges as opportunities. We look for positive people who think outside the box, are inventive, bold, lead change, and believe that teamwork matters.
The Team Culture
The Production Crew supports internal teams needing production resources and specialized expertise related to content production, and includes individuals specializing in creative, production, post and quality control. We have an innate ability to anticipate needs, quickly solve issues, and a keen eye for important details in the context of the bigger picture. We praise individual contributions in a team environment and apply Jellysmack’s values of positivity, over performing, agility, standout and precision in all we do. Do you have what it takes to join the crew?
The Quality Control Coordinator (QC) is an enthusiastic multi-tasker with excellent communication skills, exceptional attention to detail and an interest in data. This role will work domestically and internationally with Partnerships, Creator Success, Community Managers, Editors, Post and Operations team members to review US content and be sure that content is QC’d before being published on all platforms. All content needs to be reviewed in a timely manner, with deadlines met or delays communicated.
This individual should be enthusiastic about the Creator Economy and knowledgeable about platforms including YouTube, Facebook, Snap, IGTV, Reels and TikTok. This person must be familiar with post production workflows, have QC experience, and be able to track and analyze data. It will be imperative that this person is able to be in the details while also able to see the bigger picture and understand the necessity of the QC process to integrate seamlessly into the greater global workflows and Jellysmack objectives.
- Hands-on Quality Control review responsibilities for all high-profile Jellysmack Creator content including checking for spelling, tense, typos, and captions as well as cultural context, technical errors (dropped sound) and ensuring Creator guidelines are followed; ensure accurate and prompt resolution of all Creator escalations
- Enter data in a system to track and aggregate data around errors
- Ensure Creator guidelines (Do’s and Don’ts) are easy to understand, updated and maintained, and that they are distributed to key teams (Brand Safety, Language Check, Copy Check, Edit, etc.)
- Facilitate the development, maintenance and evolution of QC documents, grids, guidelines and standards in conjunction with Global QC
- Work collaboratively with other teams, with a can do attitude, to be certain QC best practices are used
- The responsibilities here describe the current, general nature and expected level of work being performed by the individual assigned to this role, however, this list is not exhaustive of the tasks, duties and skills required of individuals in this position and as the organization changes, so too might the needs of this position
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 2+ years of relevant experience in an entertainment, digital, publisher, talent or agency environment; knowledge of post production workflows
- 1+ years of experience on a QC team or Customer Service team expert in Facebook Creator Studio / YouTube Creator Studio / Snap Analytics / Tik Tok manager
- Excellent grammar and attention to detail with a deep understanding of cultural sensitivities as it relates to content
- Clear communicator with the ability to work collaboratively across all levels of management, talent and staff, both domestically and internationally
- Self-motivated, proficient multi-tasker, able to stay organized with multiple simultaneous projects
- Enthusiastic team player with a proven ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment; able to communicate succinctly, emanate calm and remain focused in a growing, changing workplace
- Coordinating QC for a high volume of content, adept at prioritizing, anticipating potential issues, identifying problems, recommending and implementing solutions
- Positive attitude with the ability to be flexible
- Excellent organizational, verbal, written, e-social skills and acumen
- Working knowledge of social video content distribution platforms including YouTube, Facebook, Snap, IGTV and TikTok
- Proficient in Google Workplace (formerly G Suite), Gdrive, Google Slides and Dropbox
- Strong working knowledge of Project Management software platforms and Social Platform Content Management systems (FB, YT, Tiktok, Instagram)
- Flexibility to attend meetings that can be as early as 6AM PT to accommodate international time zones
- Familiarity with French a plus
Jellysmack believes in a flexible work environment in which anyone can work from anywhere. This is why we’ve implemented our flexible location philosophy, meaning you get the best of both worlds: you can choose to work from home and /or from our offices in Paris, New York, Los Angeles and Corti.
In order to make sure you get the best working environment, you will get a $300 / EUR 250 allowance to get set up!
- Early Summer release Fridays
- Paid volunteering: 1 day dedicated to supporting a cause of your choice
- Company sponsored wellness programs and events
- Competitive Healthcare coverage
- 401K match
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion at Jellysmack, we believe that the best ideas come from the diverse cultures of our team members. Our commitment to inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity, and experience drives us forward every day. Creating a work culture that is safe and comfortable for our people to flourish is our main focus.
Jellysmack’s story started in 2016, and since then, our unrivaled platform optimizes and distributes video content across social media platforms and allows creators to reach genuine new fans with zero effort. We are the only company building the hyper-engaged communities that every creator dreams of because, first and foremost, we are creators too.
Creatives ourselves, we’re home to over 550 influential creators, including Derek Deso, Karina Garcia, Brad Mondo, MrBeast, Bailey Sarian, and Patrick Starrr. Jellysmack optimizes, operates, and distributes creator-made video content to Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, TikTok, Twitter, and YouTube. The company’s creator strategy builds upon its success in scaling its own original content channels in beauty (Beauty Studio), soccer (Oh My Goal), gaming (Gamology), and more.
Through the power of our data, we maximize reach and revenue so our creators stay focused on their passion—creating the best content for their global fan bases. We turn that passion into a brand and that brand into an empire.
Ready to be part of a great human adventure? We’re dedicated to making the best working environment possible for our people. All you have to do is apply; we are ready to let you show off your talent!