Thinkific / Thinktific (201-500 Employees, 244% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Thinkific is a software platform that enables entrepreneurs to create, market, sell, and deliver their own online courses.
We believe in having a transparent hiring process to provide a fair and inclusive experience to all our candidates.
Our team is dedicated to ensuring you have a great candidate experience, and that starts with outlining our hiring process from start to finish so you know what to expect every step of the way (no surprises!)—click here to learn more!
Are you a natural storyteller who understands the power of a strong content marketing campaign? Do you get excited at the thought of sharing inspiring and impactful stories with the world? You don’t just create great content, you do it strategically to meet specific metrics and goals. You’re looking for a big challenge that holds big opportunities—and you’ll find that at Thinkific!
Working as a Content Specialist, you’ll craft content that drives awareness of the Thinkific brand and acquires new customers. While you may have dabbled in a bit of everything in past roles, you now specialize in storytelling, creating content for blogs, case studies, social, and landing pages. You’ll be responsible for driving the execution of the content marketing strategy we have in place, identifying content opportunities that help Thinkific rank on organic search, drive video views, and capture the attention of customers. You don’t just craft compelling content—you have a plan for promotion, too.
In this role, you will:
- Implement content marketing campaigns by creating case studies, ebooks, videos, webinars, whitepapers, newsletters and similar content that can be either new or repurposed from existing material
- Write, edit, and publish original content supporting our demand and lead generation efforts
- Prepare content briefs for freelance writers to complete writing assignments while coordinating with them on project deadlines
- Identify topic ideas and craft scripts for videos to grow our YouTube channel, working with our videographer
- Write content both for our owned channels and platforms as well as guest posts on other platforms
- Create plans that are about great content, but with thought to where, when, and how it will be promoted for maximum reach and impact
- Work closely with the SEO Content lead to refine strategies and execute on content initiatives
- Foster an open, collaborative, and inclusive environment for the marketing team
- Build content for varying personas and audiences (including different verticals within the SMB space and mid-market organizations)
- Wear your conversion optimization hat to test and optimize landing page copy, design and CTA impact
To be successful in this role, you likely:
- Possess 3+ years as a content marketer and are now looking to take your career to the next level
- Have experience crafting content for written materials, videos, infographics, landing pages, and web copy
- Are a persuasive storyteller that has successfully helped establish a company’s written voice & thought leadership content (bonus points if it was for SaaS)
- You are an impeccable writer and editor, with skills in providing constructive feedback to other writers
- Know how to write irresistible headlines for blogs, social media, landing pages, and emails
- Understand and relate to different user personas and able to craft compelling content that speaks to the core motivating drivers of these audiences
- Jump easily between different personas and juggle varying content pieces.
- Have experience creating and executing content campaigns, online events, and other non-PPC digital campaigns
- You’re not only creative but have a proven ability to build content that converts and inspires
- You’re strategic in your content – connecting your customer-focus with your marketing and growth acumen
- Do great work and thrive in a fast-paced, quickly changing environment (with experience to prove it)
You might be the person we’re looking for if you:
- Are eager to learn and grow—you’ve likely had some post-secondary education or have equivalent professional experience in a similar role, and you continue to seek opportunities to level up your skills
- Are passionate about creating inspiring and helpful content to help readers succeed
- Can put yourself in the shoes of your audience and internal stakeholders to anticipate their needs—you’re empathetic to your core
- Have past wins you’re proud of, generating a large number of consistent, relevant leads from content marketing
- Get excited about digital marketing and business growth. We’re building our own company by helping thousands of entrepreneurs around the globe build theirs—it doesn’t get more rewarding than this!
- Plan optimization and growth experiments in your sleep. Terms like CTR, LTV, Open Rates, Analytics, A/B Testing and Acquisition Funnels are also regular parts of your vocabulary.
- Constantly think outside the box, coming up with creative ways to dominate and reignite channels and connections (rapid growth is the name of the game!)
Bonus points if you:
- Previously worked at a SaaS company during a high growth stage
- Scaled a content program resulting in significant revenue impact
- Have already created your own online course (extra points if you’ve used Thinkific)! If you’ve created your own online course, you already know exactly how our customers think (and how we can find more of them)
We’re about the results of online learning and the people along the way! Thinkific is a software platform that enables entrepreneurs to create, market, sell, and deliver their own online courses.
Our mission is no less than to revolutionize the way people learn and earn online by giving them the tools they need to turn their expertise into a sustainable business that impacts both them and their audience. We believe in meaningful, innovative work: we’re building and expanding an incredible product that empowers course creators around the globe while working collaboratively to learn and succeed together. Together, we’ve served over 50,000 course creators and more than 25 million students, and these numbers are growing each day!
Why we think you’ll like working with us:
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and driven people focused on building and innovating on a best-in-class learning platform
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals and every day, we get to see how Thinkific is empowering both course creators and their students
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Canada and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Contribute to Thinkific’s award-winning culture—we’re one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures and a certified Great Place to Work!
- We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, and mental health coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support the wellbeing of you and your family
- Whether you’re at our Vancouver HQ or working from home, you’ll have the opportunity to build meaningful relationships with Thinkers on your team and across the company through team-wide events, meet and greets with new team members, and regular social events
- Have fun with our team, even while we’re working remotely—join us for an online games session, virtual trivia and paint nights, at-home fitness challenges, or even an online coffee brewing demo!
- Get additional health and wellness support through a lifestyle or health spending account to put your dollars where you need it most, whether that’s subsidizing your gym membership, covering out-of-pocket expenses, or getting new gear
- Enjoy our open vacation policy and flexible work environment, because we know the importance of having a great work-life balance (and sometimes, you do your best work in slippers)
- Learn and Grow is one of our values and we take it seriously, providing opportunities through lunch and learns, training, workshops, mentorship, and our $1500 education allowance
- Grow your career AND your family at Thinkific—you’ll be taken care of with our parental leave top-ups as you add to your family
- Meet the many @dogsofthinkific (and yes, they’re as cute and cuddly as they look)
- Work with the hardware you’re most comfortable with, and upgrade or replace your system when you need to with our technology bonus
- Get set up for success, whether that’s at the office or at home. Whether you need a monitor, laptop stand, keyboard, mouse, or even a desk, we’ll work to ensure you have what you need to do your best work
- Be confident bringing your whole self to work—we’re proud to be an inclusive company with a diverse team and values grounded in ethics and equality
- Here at Thinkific, we know that the different perspectives on our team have led to amazing ideas, more innovation, and, ultimately, our success as a company. Our team welcomes applicants of all backgrounds, experiences, beliefs, identities, and statuses. Whoever you are—we can’t wait to meet you!