Meta (formerly Facebook) (501+ Employees, 34% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Meta is seeking a Contracts Manager for our Infrastructure Contracts Management team. The Contracts Manager will provide strategic negotiation, risk assessment and management, and contract drafting support on global direct and indirect agreements, and act with a sense of urgency to drive agreements to closure while protecting Meta. The Contracts Manager will collaborate extensively with stakeholders and cross-functional partners to develop and implement improvements to the contract processes and tools.
Contracts Manager Responsibilities:
- Review and may lead in developing key terms in direct or indirect inbound agreements and optimizing contract language, including providing risk assessment and mitigation.
- Foster and develop strong relationships with Sourcing Managers, Legal, and other partners.
- In conjunction with the Infrastructure Sourcing teams, Legal and subject matter experts, structure, draft, and lead/partner with team members to ensure all terms and conditions are proper and sufficient to support business requirements.
- Take initiative to lead, where necessary, to address any changes or impact to the business.
- Lead/partner with cross-functional teams to ensure compliance with Facebook policies and practices, and that contract policies and processes scale with changing business requirements.
- Act as primary liaison to Legal, supporting Facebook strategy.
- Proactively lead programs for the continuous development and improvement of the team/organization, including but not limited to processes and tools.
- Partner with Sourcing Managers to define, establish, and manage agreement process SLAs that meet or exceed the needs of the business.
- Develop and provide on-going contracts-related training to personnel.
- Use contracts tools to manage the contracts lifecycle, and drive for tooling enhancements to improve efficiency, accuracy and ease of use.
- 8+ years of experience negotiating and drafting inbound agreements.
- Knowledge of supply chain/inbound commercial agreements.
- Knowledge of legal and commercial terms/concepts including, but not limited to: epidemic defect, cancellation and returns, product and services warranties, IP ownership, inventory liability issues, continuity of supply and right to ship.
- Demonstrated experience in influencing and leading stakeholders and business partners.
- Demonstrated experience in adapting and executing in an ambiguous and fast-paced environment.
- Problem-solving and communication experience.
- Experience in negotiating with domestic and foreign supplier companies and multi-national firms.
- Demonstrated experience of streamlining contractual processes.
- Juris Doctor degree.
- High tech/engineering/manufacturing products/background (e.g., semiconductor, IP core licensing, hardware, memory).
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]