At TaskRabbit, we want to make your neighborhood a little more familiar. Whether it’s a handyman (or woman!), a house cleaner, moving help or gardener, we’re imagining a world where everyone will have a go-to team to make everyday life easier.
As a pioneer of the sharing economy, TaskRabbit was founded on the premise of neighbors helping neighbors. Since then, our network has grown to eight countries and thousands of cities, yet our core mission of creating a better everyday life for everyday people has remained the same.
Together with IKEA, we’re creating more opportunities for people to earn a consistent, meaningful income on their own terms by building lasting relationships with clients in communities around the world.
We are a group of mission-minded people. Our culture is collaborative, pragmatic, and fast-paced. We’re looking for talented, entrepreneurially-minded and data-driven people who also have a passion for helping people do what they love – and have a ton of fun while they’re at it
About the Job
Reporting to the CFO, the Controller will lead Accounting and Finance Operations in building scalable accounting processes and reliable financial reporting for operational and planning purposes. This role will also be responsible for partnering with the CFO and play a crucial role in managing the company’s legal and financial risk through processes and controls, as well as securing an effective governance to safeguard our businesses. The ideal candidate is a big-picture, strategic thinker with a roll-up their sleeves and execution mindset. This is a key leadership role and will require collaboration across Finance, Legal, Product, Engineering, and Operations, and many other leaders across the business.
Join us in creating a better everyday life for everyday people.
- Support and educate the business with setting up and maintaining the financial structures to follow-up cost and performance and support decision making in line with TaskRabbit’s financial frameworks.
- Provide leadership and vision for scaling the Accounting team and our financial infrastructure to support TaskRabbit throughout our high-growth journey.
- Manage our accounting and finance operations and develop plans for driving efficiency and effective internal controls.
- Accountable for quality, timeliness and follow up of financial reporting and managing the global relationship with Ingka Group Reporting.
- Develop the team’s capabilities across the range of sub-functions: general ledger, tax, treasury, payroll, accounts payable, financial reporting, audit and legal.
- Ensure consistent implementation of corporate accounting principles and procedures in full compliance with US GAAP.
- Lead, develop, implement and maintain the internal systems and financial controls consistent with TaskRabbit’s policies and regulatory guidelines, ensuring compliance with all tax and corporate requirements and filings.
- Understand and document reporting needs, collaborate on operational issues, develop creative solutions, and provide business guidance and insight through financial reporting.
- Secure cross-organizational readiness and continued business growth in terms of competence, performance and succession through enabling an end-to-end approach.
You are a proactive leader who can initiate and drive a wide variety of value-creation and operational efficiencies with a roll-up your sleeves and execution mindset. You are detail oriented and demonstrate both a strong sense of ownership and good business sense. You possess a strong collaborative approach and are able to build effective relationships with colleagues both within Finance and cross-functional departments. You are a strong communicator with the capacity to influence decisions and create energy and commitment within the organization. You are able to handle a constantly changing environment with many different stakeholders and demands.You have the ability to inspire individuals and teams to accomplish organizational goals; motivate people to perform and grow by providing feedback, coaching, training and career direction.
- 8+ years progressive experience
- 3+ years experience from a public accounting firm, preferably Big 4, with strong technical background
- Experience with internal controls, compliance framework, and systems implementations
- Proven track record of building strong teams and leading/influencing others through highly cross-functional projects
- Experience with marketplaces and international business models in a fast-paced and high-growth context is a plus
You’ll love working here because:
- The People. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams — people you can be proud to work with!
- The Values.
- Care Deeply. We take time to be present and partner with our team and communities.
- Level Up. We navigate through ambiguity and go the extra mile.
- Be A Better Neighbor. We build a diverse and sustainable community and encourage all voices.
- Lead The Future Together. We value entrepreneurship and inspire by action.
- The diverse culture. We believe that we make better decisions when our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Women make up more than half of our team and leadership, and we strive to recruit and retain employees from all over the world.
- The perks. TaskRabbit offers comprehensive medical benefits, generous vacation and holiday time off, commuter benefits, learning and development opportunities, career development trainings, monthly TaskRabbit product stipends, IKEA discounts, free lunch, weekly meditations, charity events, and a dog-friendly office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
TaskRabbit is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. TaskRabbit is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
TaskRabbit will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.