Corporate Accountant Crypto/Fiat
CASPERLABS, the Casper Network developer, provides professional services and support for organizations building on the Casper network. Guided by open source principles, we are committed to supporting the next wave of blockchain adoption among businesses and providing developers with a reliable and secure framework to build private, public and hybrid blockchain applications. Our team possesses deep enterprise technology experience, hailing from organizations including Google, Adobe, AWS, Dropbox and Microsoft.
We are looking for a Corporate Accountant to join the CasperLabs Finance team. In this position, you will maintain the Casper group companies’ financial accounts and records in compliance with the applicable laws, regulations, and internal policy. You will also cooperate directly with payment providers and other service providers in ensuring payment cycles and treasury tasks.
- Maintain the accounting books and records of our US entity including but not limited to recording journal entries, accounts payable/receivable, bank and intercompany reconciliation.
- Prepare, execute and account for crypto transactions
- Produce accurate and timely monthly and quarterly reports and annual financial statements
- Compile financial data and periodic reports in preparation for controlling tasks
- Ensure financial accounting quality and implement process improvements
- Prepare tax statements and file them to the tax authorities
- Coordinate with external service providers, auditors, and tax consultants
- Contribute to strategic projects and essential tasks
- CPA or equivalent accounting and finance certification
- Minimum of 5 years work experience and previous experience in crypto-space a must
- Working knowledge of IFRS, familiarity with US financial and tax frameworks
- US/Canada based, self-motivated and able to work autonomously
- Excellent professional English
- Previous experience with Xero preferred
- Previous startup experience preferred
- Positive attitude and mature interpersonal skills
- Approaching work with curiosity and resilience
- A great sense of humour
- Enthusiastic, can-do spirit able to handle a fast-paced and ever-changing work environment
- Willing to be hands-on and to build robust processes while we work to grow the team and company
- Fully remote, work from home environment
- Flexible working hours
- Paid Time-Off
- Periodic in-person offsites globally (travel permitting)
- Long-term incentive programs
- Continued education support
- Advancement opportunity
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.