The Knot Worldwide (501+ Employees, 21% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at The Knot Worldwide, we believe in doing work that matters. In 16 countries around the world, our leading family of brands (The Knot, WeddingWire, Bodas, Hitched, The Bash, The Bump, and more) inspire, inform, and celebrate our communities as they move through life’s milestones. Our couples and business partners depend on us. They’re all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
The Corporate Communications Director will develop and lead from conception to implementation an impactful and measurable corporate communication strategy for The Knot Worldwide and its collection of global lifestage brands. The ideal candidate must have a minimum of 10 years of experience in a PR agency and/or in-house PR team in the corporate communications field. This individual will report into the Senior Director of Communications, and manage internal team members, lead cross-functional department committees, partner closely with the internal comms lead and be the go-to lead for managing the corporate team with an external PR agency. This Director will be accountable to execution of corporate comms initiatives that mitigate reputational risk, build awareness, enhance credibility and grow positive reputation of The Knot Worldwide, its brands and leaders. The ideal candidate will be comfortable, confident and poised working and interacting with senior leadership and executives, and will lead collaboration across departments on cross-functional initiatives. This individual will also develop and manage crisis communications, Corporate Social Responsibility and DEI initiatives.
- Establish a corporate communications and company reputation strategy for all company stakeholders: Employees, Investors, Consumers and Vendors; that elevates our company purpose & mission.
- Manage the crisis communications and escalation processes and procedures cross functionally in partnership with Leadership Teams ensuring rigor and discipline across departments and touch points.
- Develop and manage all internal processes to enhance global coordination and alignment of corporate communications activities to ensure consistency in corporate message, target retention and impact.
- Implement executive placement strategies, including speaking engagements, awards, and profiles, to successfully position The Knot Worldwide leadership as visionaries and thought leaders in the global tech & product industries.
- Draft 360 communication plans for all business transaction related events, including: press materials, pitches, press releases, FAQs, reactive & proactive statements and message points.
- Inform, elevate and sometimes develop DE&I & Corporate Social Responsibility programs
- Coordinate with internal and external partners to align launches, initiatives and key business pillars with communications opportunities
- Contribute to interview and speaking preparation for executives, including the development of presentations, talking points, briefing documents, and other written and visual materials.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES HAVE:
- 10+ years of working experience in corporate communications and media relations, preferably at a high-profile company and/or a reputable PR firm and handles strategy and crisis management; financial or investor relations experience a plus
- A creative, strategic problem-solver with an affinity for details; and have an exceptional work ethic and a positive mentality
- Excellent written and verbal communication, and interpersonal skills
- Confidence working with senior leadership
- Experience in developing executive visibility programs and working closely to media train and prep senior leaders and executives for a variety of opportunities
- Great judgment, attention to detail and strong creative thinking with a focus on inclusivity for brand initiatives
- Experience developing and executing scenario planning and crisis communications
- Keen sense of trends and verticals of interest to Millennials and Gen-Z
- Ability to manage day to day expectations and KPIs with the company’s PR agency of record
- Strong KPI measurement skills with experience building media relations strategies that reach targeted demographics
At The Knot Worldwide, we believe you are more than a resume and invite you to go for it, take the leap of faith, and apply for this job if it sparks your passion to join TKWW and make a difference!
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You Dream Big. You iterate and experiment to drive innovation.
- You Love Our Users. You keep our global community at the center of everything you do.
- You Do the Right Thing. You strengthen your team through respect, fairness, and inclusion.
- You Hustle Every Day. You favor urgency and own your outcomes.
- You Win Together. People are at the heart of our success and you play as a team.
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
We believe in a wide range of holistic offerings to support our employees so that they can live our values day in and day out. From mental wellbeing, physical health and financial planning, to engaging perks and discounts, we are in the business of celebrating and supporting the Moments that Matter both in and out of the “office”. We offer flexible vacation, generous parental leave and prioritize initiatives that support the growth, development, and happiness of our people.
TKWW’s approach to the future of work: At the onset of the coronavirus pandemic, TKWW pivoted all global employees to remote work while prioritizing physical and mental wellbeing. While the majority of our global offices are open and available at this time, all TKWW employees have the ability to work remotely full time through the length of 2022. Upon entering our “new normal”, TKWW will pilot a hybrid work model where employees will have additional flexibility. (Note: employees who were hired into remote positions will continue to work fully remotely.)
US Notice: The Knot Worldwide provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, The Knot Worldwide complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. The Knot Worldwide expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.