Atlassian (501+ Employees, 122% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Your future team
Atlassian is looking for a communications specialist to create and nurture the stories we share with the world.
You will create and maintain best practices, processes and infrastructure to help the corporate communications team to operate as efficiently as possible. You’ll be part of a global and fast-growing communications team, working with our agency partners to engage the media on distinctive stories about Atlassian. From our unique culture and Team Anywhere work practices to our industry-leading sustainability practices and business growth stories, you’ll help promote our corporate narrative and position around the world. You will report to our Director of Corporate Communications.
What you’ll do
- Develop high-quality written materials that convey Atlassian’s corporate and purpose narrative including messaging platforms, blogs, Q&As, speeches, editorials, infographics and more.
- Help develop creative ideas that promote Atlassian’s profile and gains cut through within the US and global markets.
- You will support media relations activities such as building media lists, pitching, building briefing documents and scheduling interviews.
- Support execution for major campaign launches.
- Coordinate speaking opportunities for executives, including creating positioning, event submissions, and external presentations.
- 3 years of communications experience with consumer or enterprise technology brands (agency experience preferred).
- Experience identifying what will interest the media and how to shape messaging for different audiences.
- Solid relationships with business and technology journalists and influencers, and a history of placing great stories.
- You are a strong writer with a love for creating messaging platforms, pitches, and executive speaking points.
- A team player that can balance high-profile projects and juggle urgent inbound requests with ease.
- A how-can-I-help, get-it-done demeanor.
More About the Team
Everything we do on the communications team is guided by business impact. We work collaboratively but every project has one owner who leads the team in both strategy and execution. We have a distributed team united by our shared goals. We determine success metrics up front and eagerly run toward them. We value transparency and awareness in everything we do, but we are comfortable not knowing the details on everything. We embrace our “open company, no BS” value and have the courage to tell it like it is. We move really fast. We take risks and fail (which is OK!). We take away lessons to ensure we don’t repeat the same mistakes again. We play as a team.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we’re motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone’s perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub .