Auth0 (501+ Employees, 99% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Auth0 operates a cloud-based identity platform for developers.
Awesome tech is made by awesome people. And we’re always looking for new team members who bring the energy, passion, commitment, and collaboration that has made Auth0 the great company it is today.
So what do we exactly build? Auth0 is an authentication and authorization platform designed by developers, for developers. Basically, we make companies’ login boxes safe, secure, and seamless for anyone logging in. Our mission is to secure the world’s identities so innovators can innovate. But it’s a big mission that requires a lot of teamwork.
Words, code, or people, whatever your skill, there’s a place for you here.
The Auth0 Legal Team is responsible for all legal matters globally, including the UK, Europe, US, and other jurisdictions. It is a diverse and high achieving team that operates with a strong collegiate culture and flat structure. We support all Auth0 departments at all levels of the business, with a broad range of work, including commercial technology contracts (particular SaaS & PSaaS), data sharing and processing agreements, M&A, intellectual property, marketing and broader privacy matters.
We are looking for candidates who have strong drafting skills and a very solid understanding of contract law, are committed and passionate about technology yet with a strong sense of commercial awareness. We seek individuals who are confident in their own decision-making ability and comfortable operating in an atmosphere of constant change, where there may be no established protocol or process to fall back on. Auth0’s technology never stands still and neither can its legal function – the ability to develop practical solutions to the new legal issues that arise with advances in technology is a core requirement of the role.
- Drafting, negotiating and advising on identity management technology service and licensing agreements with small, medium and enterprise customers
- Assisting with and developing a deep understanding of cybersecurity issues
- Provide legal support for other ad hoc regional projects and initiatives
- Advise on and negotiate a variety of transaction types: off standard form documentation and one-off or third party form agreements
- Input in other ad hoc legal matters, including managing legal issues that arise in existing commercial relationships, privacy law developments and handling pre-litigation legal disputes and inquiries
- Develop a deep understanding of Auth0’s business and services and the applicable regulatory requirements and regimes that apply to it
- Assist Europe, the DPO, and the global legal function generally in developing, rolling out, and improving internal legal processes to help comply with regulatory requirements, best practices, and industry standards applicable to Auth0’s technology, services, and operations
- A real passion and drive for putting the business’ interests first
- Excellent rapport & relationship building skills with internal and external stakeholders
- Highly organised and able to prioritise workload effectively
- Constructively challenges with the aim of positively fostering and safeguarding the business
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, and often to tight deadlines
- A team player who works for the success of the wider legal and business teams and is eager to share their knowledge and network
- Commercially focussed with an interest in cloud, SaaS/PSaaS technology, cybersecurity and data privacy
- Flexible and adaptable to change
Experience & Qualifications
- Strong academic background, law firm training and qualified in the UK, Australia or New Zealand
- 3+ years PQE experience
- Strong contract analysis, drafting and negotiation skills
- Demonstrable experience advising on SaaS/PSaaS matters
- Comfortable advising/supporting a broad range of legal matters
- In-house/client secondment experience is ideal
- International cybersecurity and data protection/privacy experience would be highly advantageous
Auth0 makes the internet safer by safeguarding billions of login transactions each month.
Our team is spread across more than 35 countries and we are proud to continually be recognized as agreat place to work. Culture is critical to us, and we are transparent about ourvision and principles. We practice N+1>N which applies to everything from our people to how we iterate our tech; we believe in one team, one score; and we give a shit about everything we do.
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don’t apply unless they meet all the job criteria. We aren’t looking for someone who ticks every single box on a page; we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences. If you think you’d be a great fit, then please get in touch to tell us about yourself.
Auth0, recently acquired by Okta, is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Auth0 conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era special disabled and other covered veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Auth0 participates in E-Verify and will confirm work authorization for candidates residing in the United States.