Kepler (51-200 Employees, 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Kepler is on a Mission to bring the internet to space. Incorporated in 2015, Kepler’s guiding star is to enable the space economy through the creation of a communication network in Low Earth Orbit (LEO) that will provide connectivity services to other space missions, be they on orbit in LEO, MEO, GEO, or beyond. With an expanding base of early customers and our first 19 satellites in orbit, Kepler is continuing to grow and expand its most important asset – the Team! Based out of our HQ in Toronto and with an office in the UK and a newly formed office in the US we are building towards a truly global company delivering a product for the whole world.
We are on the hunt for an experienced Creative Brand Design Lead to work within the Marketing and Communications group at Kepler. This role will help shape the Kepler brand, marketing and communication, graphic design, web content, video and animation.
- Contribute to the creation of creative assets for digital, print, social, experiential, and video projects.
- Work closely with the MarCom team to develop a brand’s visual design identity.
- Solve difficult design problems and create frameworks from these design solutions.
- Use creativity from a wider perspective in terms of re-framing problems and approaches.
- Lead multiple projects while sharing work with team members and collaborate with cross-functional leadership.
- Innovate new approaches to graphic design problems and creating frameworks or optimizations for common speedbumps.
- Create exhibition catalogues (print and digital), invitations (print and digital), advertising (print and digital) and newsletters (digital).
- Design presentations for Kepler and management meetings using company branding guidelines.
- Create cohesive graphic theming and ad campaigns supporting advertising initiatives, including production of all graphic and typography needs for custom content.
- Lead generation programs, including print, digital, html emails, website/microsite pages.
- Maintain knowledge of current visual trends, color theory, and technology relevant to web and graphic design.
- Create, design, and develop collateral materials and website graphics.
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis on web/graphic design, fine arts or equivalent.
- 5+ years of directly related creative design experience.
- Excellent technical and critical-thinking skills for utilizing various software tools and applications to generate designs and adjust initial outlines as needed.
- Capable of looking at the big picture and diving into details.
- Knowledge of image manipulation, retouching, color correction.
- Demonstrated visual design and animation skills.
- Ability to succeed in a fast paced, deadline driven environment.
- Experience with brand advocacy and interacting with and influencing cross-functional teams.
- Experience leading multiple projects while sharing work with other product designers and collaborating with cross-functional leadership.
- Thorough understanding of the graphic creation process and ability to develop graphic concepts (balance, simplicity, clarity).
- Inquisitive and tendency to think outside the box with regards to sources, methods, and solutions.
- Able to operate effectively within a team environment.
- High level of competence with Adobe Creative Suite & Microsoft Office
- Experience-based knowledge of WordPress.
- Experience creating content within the Space industry.
- Graphic animation or other relevant experience.
- Motion, UI/UX, and/or Flash experience.
- Knowledge of Blender, Maya, and Premiere Pro, etc.
- Knowledge of Final Cut and After Effects video editing.
- Video Production experience (livestreaming, camera/sound work, and video editing to be more specific).
Kepler Communications Inc. is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We welcome applications from: women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, visible minorities, people who identify as LGBT and others who may contribute to diversification in our workplace.
As part of our commitment to accessibility for all persons with disabilities, Kepler will, upon the request of the applicant, provide accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure equal access to applicants with disabilities. Please contact our People & Culture team, through our Career Page to make your accommodation needs known and we will consult with you to ensure suitable accommodation is provided.