Dribbble (201-500 Employees, 51% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Founded in 2009, Dribbble is the top global community for designers and creative professionals and an inspiration destination for over a hundred million people every year. We’re empowering creatives around the world to make a living doing what they love. Our mission is to provide support at every stage of a creative’s journey; whether that’s freelancing, selling their physical and digital goods on our marketplace, or being hired by some of the world’s leading design-forward companies.
With many jobs, you have to pick between having a huge impact on the organization (small team) or having a huge impact on the world (big product), but at Dribbble – you get to do both, as part of a highly collaborative team, working on one of the world’s top 1000 websites.
At Dribbble, we serve a global community and we need a diverse team to do that successfully. Women, people of colour, members of the LGBTQ+ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We provide an accessible candidate experience, and if you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know. We’re dedicated to fostering an inclusive and diverse environment for employees from all walks of life.
We’re building a fully remote team across North America (Canada & the US). We believe that creative collaboration can happen anywhere, and that working remotely shouldn’t have to mean sacrificing a sense of cohesion, community, and connection. We’ve seen that by combining thoughtful collaboration, frequent communication, and the freedom for people to be their authentic selves, you can do your best work and inspire others to do the same.
About the role:
As the Creative Director at Dribbble, you will grow, mentor and lead a team focused on elevating and transforming a family of brands under the Dribbble umbrella. You’ll be responsible for spearheading art direction and brand and marketing design. You’ll play a key role in translating the character of the product brand, and the intention of the product strategy and UX, into highly thoughtful and refined visuals that tell the story of Dribbble and it’s brands; elevating our platform, community, and designer stories. Working very closely with and reporting to the VP Marketing, you will play a highly collaborative role, working closely with leadership in defining long-term creative strategies.
Within your first 6 months:
You’ll begin to support and direct the artistic vision for Dribbble’s brands, from concept to execution, and will establish and drive visual targets; setting the quality bar for aesthetic and tone. You’ll take ownership of the conceptual development and execution of creative deliverables —including creating and communicating concepts, implementing branding and marketing strategies, and developing thoughtful and innovative design solutions. You’ll build and mentor a team of designers, writers and branding experts while collaborating cross-functionally with other teams as needed. You’ll apply your insight and experience to set the tone and aesthetic for all our brands; from leading the vision, to communicating and delegating the details, and solving the work in a deep and meaningful way.
As a Creative Director, you’ll be responsible for:
- Managing day to day creative development across a family of brands, and providing approval for a variety of creative campaigns and initiatives. You’ll research and explore best in class design solutions and relevant cultural touchpoints.
- Setting the visual aesthetic and tone across all of our brands. You’ll be focused on on evolving and iterating visual brand guidelines ensuring they are innovative, on-brand, on-trend and tone appropriate.
- Drawing on your entrepreneurial spirit and drive to continuously innovate to lead the branding team to creative excellence. You’ll hire, coach, lead and manage the career, workload and professional development of your team of designers, branding specialists, writers, and contractors.
- Playing a key leadership role. You’ll work collaboratively with cross-functional teams in multiple projects, maturing overall workflow and creative processes, and owning and leading major strategic initiatives.
We’re looking for:
- A strong professional background in design, branding and art direction for creative products. We’re looking for 5+ years of relevant experience at a digital agency or consultancy, ideally in a senior-level role.
- A deep curiosity and awareness of emerging design trends, and the ability to create design guidelines and communicate design philosophies to the rest of the team, and beyond.
- A portfolio that reflects your strengths in exemplary art direction and branding.
- An ability to define and simplify scope in a way that helps everyone arrive at a deeper understanding and appreciation of the work.
- The ability to prioritize and execute, based on what will be most impactful to the business.
- A demonstrated reliance on using data: you use data and user research to support and defend design decisions.
- Stellar leadership skills; you can articulates goals and employ outstanding leadership and team building skills. You help elevate the quality of your team’s work, and evolve the skillsets of those around you. We’re looking for someone who communicates with honesty and kindness (and creates the space for others to do the same), and who fosters connection by building trusting relationships.
- A clear vision. You can align your team around common objectives, and foster commitment to deliver. You prioritize diversity and inclusion in your design process and team, and you have high integrity, consistency in your work, and a clear and visible set of values.
- A growth mindset: You seek the best (but sometimes not the easiest) solutions, with an unwavering commitment. You are proactive in identifying the root cause of issues and developing creative solutions. You inspire breakthrough thinking and continuous improvement.
At Dribbble, you’ll join a diverse team dedicated to learning, teaching, and growing; as individuals, as a team, as a business, and as a community. As a workplace, we pride ourselves on doing right by our employees, and have a benefits package that makes being a part of the Dribbble team a dream job and something to be really proud of:
- 100% remote: so you can work where you feel most comfortable and inspired.
- Stay healthy: generous medical and dental for both you and your dependents.
- Relax and unwind: with plenty of paid vacation, and paid sick time for when you need it.
- Paid volunteer days: for you to spend giving back to non profits/organizations that are important to you.
- Celebrate: we observe both US and Canadian holidays – and a whole week of rest in December.
- Family leave: Paid time off for when your family grows.
- Save up: put pre-tax savings into a 401k/RRSP – we’ll match a portion of your contributions.
- Fitness fund: to help you feel your very best.
- Equipment fund: so you can deck out your home office.
- Monthly coffee budget: Grab that latte – it’s on us.
- Learning and development: Keep growing with paid courses, books, and conferences.
- Hang out: we get together at least once a year for some in-person face time.
- Pro tools: MacBook Pro (or Air) and all the tools you need to do a great job.