Teachable (201-500 Employees, 49% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
If you’re passionate about the burgeoning creator economy, love working with influencers and creators to launch innovative content, and have a knack for spotting the next rising star on social media we want you to join the marketing team at Teachable.
Teachable is on a mission to enable the transformative power of knowledge in our world. Our online platform enables individuals and small businesses (our “Creators”) to build, host, and sell online courses and coaching.
We’re looking for a Creator Relations Manager to oversee our relationships with leaders and influencers in the creator economy. This role is perfect for someone who has their finger on the pulse of the creator economy, specifically the online course sector. You’ll leverage your relationships, plus form new ones, to ensure the Teachable brand is top of mind for influencers in this space.
This is a hybrid role that combines a growth marketing mindset with creative vision. You’ll partner with our leads in business development and customer success to offer a full spectrum, best-in-class experience for our creators. The KPIs for this role center around customer acquisition through partnership. We’ll look to you to drive new, qualified leads to Teachable while also flexing your creative muscle in determining how we can best parter with our creators. You’ll also create a network of talent for the organization to tap into for various opportunities. You will represent the brand externally, via Teachable owned and industry-led events.
You will report into the Director of Brand and Content, collaborating closely with the Business Development, Customer Success, Growth Marketing, Social Media, and Public Relations teams.
What You’ll Do
- Understand the organization’s needs, goals, and campaigns and put together a strategic plan for how these relationships will help achieve our goals
- Leverage existing relationships and develop new ones, through outreach efforts, including attending events and networking
- Identify which creators would be best suited to work with Teachable in a marketing capacity and which are prime for becoming customers on the platform
- Build a roster of high quality influencer and course creator talent and help us build out our speaker catalog for large marketing campaigns and events
- Serve as the key communicator during large marketing events ensuring smooth execution for creators and the Teachable team
- Help increase Teachable’s share of voice in our space creating a reputation for being the best course creation platform for creators to work with
- Help develop external messaging/talking points for influencers and brief/train as needed
- Contribute to pitching new and innovative ideas for our marketing campaigns informed by your knowledge of trends in the creator space as well as needs/desires of top talent
- Partner with our PR lead to nurture spokespeople for the brand
What We’re Looking For
- 5-7+ years experience working within the Creator Economy industry, ideally with an understanding of the Knowledge sector and an established understanding of the movers and shakers in the space
- Business and social savvy, ability to break through the clutter to find influencers and online course creators who align with our brand mission and marketing goals
- Performance-oriented with a proven track record of meeting/exceeding targets, developing and learning through experimentation
- Demonstrated ability to lead, influence, and work as part of a cross-functional team and willingness to take on responsibilities outside primary job description when necessary
- Experience and comfort being the brand voice with small and large audiences
- Comfort with negotiating to secure best outcome for both Teachable and its creators
- Experience using all major social media platforms and a deep understanding of the content that succeeds thereExperience and comfort with pitching and cold emailing
- Excellent judgment and decision making
- Excellent relationship skills; curiosity and a love for continuous learning
- Content planning and storytelling experience; ability to plan and coordinate influencer-created content across a brand’s social and digital ecosystem and collaborate closely with third parties to bring that content to life
- Demonstrated success in end-to-end influencer relations, including: identification, vetting, negotiation, creative and content direction, relationship management, measurement, and analysis
- Experience managing paid social/influencer programs and operating within various platform and legal guidelines for partnership and ad disclosure
- Ability to analyze performance metrics, communicate learnings, and move forward with evidence based recommendations
- Commitment to showcasing diverse set of creators to uphold Teachable’s commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Strong strategic problem solver and resourceful problem-solverAbility to balance short- and long-term priorities
Teachable is an instructor-focused platform that empowers creators to build and sell online courses and coaching on any topic-from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Instructors using our platform have collectively earned more than a billion dollars to date.
Since our founding, we’ve raised more than $12.5 million from top venture investors and were acquired in March of 2020. Teachable is now part of Hotmart Company, a global tech group focused on the Creator Economy, with over 1,300 employees in 8 countries (Netherlands, USA, Brazil, Spain, Mexico, Colombia, France and UK). Hotmart´s mission is to help creators make a living from their passions, using digital products to entertain, help and instruct their audiences.
We’re in an exciting growth phase and we’re continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent. We won’t hold you back from reaching your full potential at Teachable; you’ll have the freedom to be an integral member of our tight-knit team, with great benefits and perks. Your work here will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
Teachable operates under a hybrid work model, meaning employees (depending on the requirements for the role) may work either fully remote or in-office (or a combination of the two).
Comprehensive Health, Dental, & Vision benefits with options covering up to 100% of monthly premium
Generous Vacation, Personal, and Sick Time
Parental leave, 16 weeks fully paid after three months of service
4% 401(k) with match after three months of service
Supplemental student loan repayment assistance or a professional education stipend
Tax-free commuter benefit
50% gym & wellness match
$250 Donation Match Program
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. We are an equal opportunity employer, meaning we’re committed to a fair and consistent interview process. Please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.