Wattpad (501+ Employees, 19% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Wattpad WEBTOON Studios brings together technology, a diverse new generation of creators, and passionate global fandoms to create data-backed, audience-driven TV shows, films, and books. Leveraging incredible stories and insights from WEBTOON and Wattpad’s combined audience of more than 166 million people, Wattpad WEBTOON Studios has pioneered a bold, global, fan-first approach to entertainment. Wattpad WEBTOON Studios has worked with Netflix, Sony Pictures Television, Crunchyroll, The Jim Henson Company, Vertigo Entertainment, Constantin Film, Penguin Random House, and many other leaders in entertainment and publishing.
As a Creator Specialist, Operations on the Wattpad WEBTOON Studios team, you’ll be an essential part of ensuring our most important creators feel supported throughout their time with Wattpad WEBTOON Studios. You’ll work closely with the Creator Management Team to guide creators through their publishing deals and entertainment adaptations, ensuring they are set up for success, and performing their duties with a level of respect and professionalism.
This role is a 12 month contract.
What you’ll be doing:
- Responsible for the on-boarding of creators who have been signed to Wattpad WEBTOON Studios, ensuring the collection and documentation of all necessary information for each area of the team
- Provide day-to-day support for our creators (WEBTOON Unscrolled and other internal opportunities via Wattpad WEBTOON Studios) throughout all stages of the process, responding to questions and escalating concerns to the appropriate stakeholders
- Ensure our creators are meeting all necessary internal and/or external deadlines and behaving in a manner of the utmost professionalism
- Work closely with Senior Creator Manager, Operations to execute on internal large scale creator-focused workshops, educational programs & resources
- Support the Creator Manager, Operations in building, scaling and executing on global processes
- Assist Creator Manager, Operations to organize and share internally the results of the quarterly Creator Satisfaction Survey
- Assist in the execution of creator opportunities and events where necessary
- Create and distribute educational resources that will help prepare our creators for success in the industry
- Responsible for tracking and invoicing of payments for Wattpad WEBTOON Studios creators
- Provide viable operational suggestions to help build strong, trustworthy relationships with our creators
- Maintain a portfolio of template agreements and creator database for both internal and external use
- Manage pertinent information sharing with a rotating roster of 15 – 20 Wattpad WEBTOON Studios Creators with a focus on our graphic novel creators
What we’re looking for:
- A highly engaged WEBTOON user and Wattpadder with a passion for Wattpad stories and WEBTOON webcomics and, in particular, the importance of the creators who are developing them
- 2+ years of experience working in a role related to graphic novel production, publishing, entertainment, publicity, marketing, communications, or customer success
- People person; listening, empathizing, and problem-solving comes naturally to you
- Organized multi-tasker who can juggle multiple projects/priorities with ease
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Proficient in GSuite, Word and Excel
Bonus points for:
- Experience with user-generated content
- Experience with Salesforce and Docusign
- Fluency in another language such as, Spanish, French, Italian, German, or Korean
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Career development; we believe in mentorship and investing in your learning, supporting you to achieve your goals
- Health benefits, fully covered by us!
- RRSP Contributions (Canada), 401K Contributions (USA)
- Generous vacation and Parental Leave Top-up
- Monthly home office allowance, choice of hardware, flexible hours, and remote work options
- Corporate discount for gym membership for you and your family
- Summer Fridays with afternoons off!
- And a whole lot more!
Wattpad WEBTOON Studios is conducting all interviews in a distributed manner using applicable third party software where needed and using visual interface tools such as Google Hangouts and Zoom.
Who are we? Entrepreneurs and Do-ers. Our vision is to entertain and connect the world through stories, and our mission is to use the power of community and technology to unleash the full potential of stories to the world.
What does that mean? We are visionaries, community builders, passionate problem solvers, storytellers, coffee snobs (tea drinkers, too!), curious by nature, and culturally diverse.
What are we obsessed with? Our users. Solving complex problems and maximizing flow. Learning constantly. Building the next great storytelling product. Finding the greatest stories ever told. Dogs (and cats), coffee, and good snacks.
How do we work? Autonomously, collaboratively, respectfully. Balancing with work, family, and play…and all while having a great time.
We are a remote friendly company and encourages remote candidates to apply as long as they are located and authorized to work in either the US or Canada (excluding Quebec) as a precondition of employment. We are not able to sponsor applicants for work permits.
Culture and Diversity
Wattpad is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate. Period.
Wattpad welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We have taken a leadership position on creating a culture and an organization that truly values diversity. We are committed to fostering a global team that reflects the diversity of the Wattpad community. At Wattpad, we believe cultural fit doesn’t mean culturally identical, and diversity of thought helps us to challenge one another to think big and think differently. We consider employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status, disability status or any other protected status.
If you have any special needs or accessibility requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.