Curated (201-500 Employees, 228% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Turn your knowledge into reliable income. Connect with customers. Build a community. Work from anywhere.
Curated, founded in 2017, is an online marketplace that provides shoppers with one-on-one personalized advice to find the right products, which they purchase directly on Curated’s website. We have a network of over 1,000 experts who get paid to provide their knowledge to customers, bringing an in-person shopping experience online.
We are expanding into new product categories, and hiring for Category Launch Specialists in Cutlery / Knives. As a Category Launch Specialist, you will focus on building out the expert side of our new Cutlery category from the ground up – interacting with and selling to customers, engaging with prospective experts, and helping us define our systems and practices. You’ll also be joining a supportive community of people who share your love of all things cooking and cutlery.
- Engaging with and providing product recommendations to prospective customers, while building enthusiasm for our marketplace and brand.
- Supporting content creations needs, such as writing articles, compiling top most recommended product lists, generating Q&A content, etc.
- Validating our approach to marketing (keywords, landing pages, images, etc.)
- Vetting other prospective experts for technical knowledge and fit with Curated.
What you will bring:
- Experience working with a range of kitchen knife styles / brands, and ability to speak to the technical differences between different products
- Excellent written communication skills, and the ability to connect with customers while off-shift (via cell phone or computer)
- Strong organizational skills and self-motivated to thrive in a remote position
- Previous sales or customer service experience
- A product mindset – willing to confront a new market opportunity, and think with us on how to best serve that market
- Consistent access to a computer and reliable internet connection
- Nice to have: ACF certification, Culinary Arts degree
- We are initially conceiving of this as a temporary 3-month role, as we build out the category – with longer mandates a possibility
- Upon category launch, you will have a guaranteed minimum salary, plus the opportunity to earn commissions and 100% of tips on certain sales transactions!
Note: This position is 100% remote. You can work from anywhere with a computer and reliable Wi-Fi.
Curated was founded in 2017 with a mission to humanize online shopping. We’ve built a collaborative shopping experience brought to life with a community of passionate experts. Every shopper on Curated gets one-on-one personalized advice to find the right products for their needs so they can enjoy more of what they love.
Through our expert community, Curated has created a new type of knowledge-based work that enables people to earn meaningful income related to the activities and products they are passionate about, from anywhere.
Backed by Forerunner Ventures, Greylock, and Capital G, the company is growing fast. We currently specialize in outdoor sporting goods including skiing, snowboarding, golf, camping, cycling, fishing equipment with many new verticals coming soon!
We want to help you maximize your potential, both in your career and your extracurriculars. Full-time employees at Curated get comprehensive healthcare, generous paid time off, significant discounts on the best gear out there, and even a 401(k). We believe that you’ll do your best work when you feel included, valued, and equal. See all our perks and benefits here.