We believe in having a transparent hiring process to provide a fair and inclusive experience to all our candidates.
Our team is dedicated to ensuring you have a great candidate experience, and that starts with outlining our hiring process from start to finish so you know what to expect every step of the way (no surprises!)—click here to learn more!
Are you energized by helping others succeed? Love sharing and helping explain a great product? Excited to join a fast-paced, growing tech company? You know that the success of any company is tied to the customer experience—and that’s where you come in.
As a Customer Champion, you’ll be helping and supporting customers to grow their business through education. Being the first point of contact on email and phone, you’ll be answering questions, giving advice, solving problems using your technical know-how and helping our customers build successful online businesses. You’ll learn our platform inside and out, with opportunities to work cross-collaboratively with other teams and have dedicated time for you to learn, grow and explore professional development opportunities. At Thinkific you’ll be part of a collaborative, passionate and insanely helpful team that provides the best support in the industry!
In this role, you will:
- Spend the day working through our support ticket queue in Zendesk and ensure customer problems are resolved as quickly as possible
- Investigate technical issues reported by running diagnostic tests, researching technical nuances, and cross-referencing with JIRA updates, then conveying your findings and any available solutions to customers based on their specific needs
- Identify, reproduce and document bugs for the Technical Tier II team
- Help identify areas of improvement, or spot trends based on customer feedback to flag for the rest of the internal teams
- Answer the support phone line for a full day once per week (but don’t hesitate to jump on additional calls with customers who need an extra helping hand)
- Work closely with our product team, including the QA of new features so you can effectively communicate each feature use-case to customers
- Jump on weekend support once a month and on statutory holidays (these will be scheduled well in advance), and get a day off in lieu of the preceding or the following week!
- Support customers at different stages of the customer journey from jumping on calls with prospects to discuss their needs, to helping customers launch their courses, to coaching customers close to churning
- Have an opportunity to take on side projects based on your areas of interest such as writing help articles to help grow our Knowledge Base, helping grow our Facebook group or hosting webinars to our customer base.
To be successful in this role, you must:
- Have at least 2+ years in an online customer-facing role (ideally in SaaS)
- Love helping people— you go above and beyond to show you’re fanatical about customer success!
- Have stellar communication skills both verbal and written so you can explain technical problems succinctly, and then clearly articulate solutions to customers.
- Be an independent problem solver. You do not give up when you don’t know the answer immediately and while you rarely run into a roadblock you can’t creatively get around, you’re humble enough to ask for help whenever you need it
- Be technically savvy and constantly stay up to date by learning the ins and outs of our platform, and any partner apps, quickly
- Have experience troubleshooting software-related issues across common browsers
- Be a team player and believe teamwork makes the dream work!
- Love talking on the phone—it’s your bread and butter!
- Have a great attitude and a willingness to overcome any challenge that comes your way
- Perform well under pressure and understand the importance of work-life balance
- Have a strong work ethic and don’t believe in the traditional 9 to 5. You are resilient and flexible as customer needs evolve and ticket volume changes
You might be the person we’re looking for if you:
- Know the importance of listening, building trust and confidence with customers
- Have a flair for translating product features into tangible benefits for customers
- Are passionate about online education, digital marketing, and small business (or all of the above!)
- Are great at handling difficult customers from the disgruntled to those who aren’t technically savvy
- Have experience supporting customers via email, phone, live chat, and video calls
- Are goal-oriented and driven by performance metrics
- Have experience using customer service software like Zendesk (or a similar tool)
Bonus points if you:
- Have experience with sales or account management
- Understand the basics of HTML/CSS (but any coding skills are valuable)
- Read API documentation
- Have experience with domain hosting and setting up custom domains
- Have experience using Asana, Slack, Google Drive and/or TextExpander
We’re about the results of online learning and the people along the way! Thinkific is a software platform that enables entrepreneurs to create, market, sell, and deliver their own online courses.
Our mission is no less than to revolutionize the way people learn and earn online by giving them the tools they need to turn their expertise into a sustainable business that impacts both them and their audience. We believe in meaningful, innovative work: we’re building and expanding an incredible product that empowers course creators around the globe while working collaboratively to learn and succeed together. Together, we’ve served over 50,000 course creators and more than 25 million students, and these numbers are growing each day!
Why we think you’ll like working with us:
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and driven people focused on building and innovating on a best-in-class learning platform
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals and every day, we get to see how Thinkific is empowering both course creators and their students
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Canada and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Contribute to Thinkific’s award-winning culture—we’re one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures and a certified Great Place to Work!
- We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, and mental health coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support the wellbeing of you and your family
- Whether you’re at our Vancouver HQ or working from home, you’ll have the opportunity to build meaningful relationships with Thinkers on your team and across the company through team-wide events, meet and greets with new team members, and regular social events
- Have fun with our team, even while we’re working remotely—join us for an online games session, virtual trivia and paint nights, at-home fitness challenges, or even an online coffee brewing demo!
- Get additional health and wellness support through a lifestyle or health spending account to put your dollars where you need it most, whether that’s subsidizing your gym membership, covering out-of-pocket expenses, or getting new gear
- Enjoy our open vacation policy and flexible work environment, because we know the importance of having a great work-life balance (and sometimes, you do your best work in slippers)
- Learn and Grow is one of our values and we take it seriously, providing opportunities through lunch and learns, training, workshops, mentorship, and our $1500 education allowance
- Grow your career AND your family at Thinkific—you’ll be taken care of with our parental leave top-ups as you add to your family
- Meet the many @dogsofthinkific (and yes, they’re as cute and cuddly as they look)
- Work with the hardware you’re most comfortable with, and upgrade or replace your system when you need to with our technology bonus
- Get set up for success, whether that’s at the office or at home. Whether you need a monitor, laptop stand, keyboard, mouse, or even a desk, we’ll work to ensure you have what you need to do your best work
- Be confident bringing your whole self to work—we’re proud to be an inclusive company with a diverse team and values grounded in ethics and equality
- Here at Thinkific, we know that the different perspectives on our team have led to amazing ideas, more innovation, and, ultimately, our success as a company. Our team welcomes applicants of all backgrounds, experiences, beliefs, identities, and statuses. Whoever you are—we can’t wait to meet you!