Appcues (51-200 Employees, 115% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Hi customer person! It’s me, the hiring manager, Lyla Rozelle. I run customer enablement at Appcues and I’m looking for help.
We just raised our Series B at the end of last year and are focusing heavily on enabling customers in this new and growing space: in-app messaging, digital adoption, product-led growth—you name it, we’re doing it here at Appcues.
I’m tasked with increasing self-service usage, product adoption, retention, and more for our customers. That’s where you come in. You’d be my partner in building honest, fun customer programs that inspire and educate our customers. We also have another person on the team who helps with product trainings, creating training materials, and facilitating workshops so this role will be more about advocacy, lifecycle communications, and community.
About myself, I’ve been building customer programs since 2016 and love working with in-app tools. I was an Appcues customer for a couple years before joining the team, and I’m looking for someone with similar experience. Have you worked on one-to-many customer
About the Role
- Create automated, multi-touch, targeted customer lifecycle communications programs to invite, inspire, and connect customers to enablement events, monthly newsletters, and thought leadership content
- Drive increases in Appcues user adoption and retention metrics as MAU and product adoption score
- Create, in partnership with the director of customer enablement and marketing team, and optimize Appcues customer communication strategy, in partnership with internal stakeholders, from awareness, onboarding, and adoption to advocacy
- Leverage personalization and the dynamic delivery of content by stage in customer journey, behavior in the product, persona, job function, and/or industry
- Create nurture programs, segmented lists, and campaign assets—including emails, in-app guides, and checklists
- Own the end-to-end process from ideation to execution, including requirements-gathering, design, build, deployment, measurement, reporting, and iteration
Strengths We Seek
- Strong passion for serving and understanding customers
- Interpersonal skills to nurture customer relationships and work with cross-functional teams
- Human, down-to-earth creative marketing and communication skills
- Analytical curiosity to determine communications effectiveness and ROI of customer engagement efforts
- Strategic thinker who can see beyond the day-to-day grind to improve the customer experience
100% remote – We don’t have an office so all of our employees learn and collaborate in the same way using remote work practices. This won’t change post-COVID as we are committed to being 100% remote for the long-term. We work in Slack, Zoom, and a collection of modern collaboration tools. We have inclusive remote events and, after COVID times, will get together twice a year for a fun off-site retreat.
Well-being – You’ll have solid health, dental, and vision plans; access to 401k, and a generous maternity and paternity leave.
Fair pay – Each role has a defined salary band, bands and salaries are audited on a regular basis to help maintain fairness and market value
Home office and tech budget – Besides paying for your work computer (Mac or PC), we offer a one-time $1000 home office stipend and an additional $500 annual budget for extra work-related technology.
Coworking space, on us – Home office not cutting it? We’ll reimburse your monthly coworking fees.
Equity – We want everyone invested in our success. We grant every employee equity in the company.
Transparency and collaboration – We foster team alignment with meetings of all shapes and sizes—a monthly all-hands meeting called FirstThurs, weekly team lunches, and Lunch & Learns., and an annual learning stipend.
Unlimited vacation – We believe time away to reflect and explore makes us all more productive, so we expect each employee to take a minimum of ten days of vacation per year. Employees based in the USA also take off all US federal holidays. Employees residing in other countries can choose to follow their local national holidays or US federal holidays.
At Appcues, our mission is to help teams build products their users love. With Appcues, you can create in-product experiences (user onboarding, feature announcements, checklists, and more) without writing any code. We believe it’s the non-technical people who often have the best information about a user’s needs and desires, and we give them the tools to act.
We’re a dynamic group of talented teammates who challenge, trust, and care about each other, their work, and the success story we are writing. Our values are not just words. We live by them.
Appcues is an equal opportunity employer that commits to diversity and inclusion and also celebrates it. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or marital status. We believe that diverse teams foster a more inclusive company culture, build better products, and are more human, humane, and fun.