Container xChange (201-500 Employees, 299% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
In the 1950s, global trade changed for good. The invention of the standardized container suddenly meant that transporting goods across the world became affordable. And with that, paved the way for globalization and global wealth. But contrary to the container, most surrounding processes have not been standardized nor innovated—and are still frustratingly complex, manual, and error-prone.
That’s why our ambition is to use technology to simplify the logistics of global trade, making the processes around the container as simple as the container itself. We do that by providing a neutral infrastructure that connects all logistics companies to remove friction and create economic opportunity.
Customer Operations Associate – Trading (f/m/d)
As a member of our Customer Operations team, you are responsible for providing the best possible customer experience when buying or selling containers on the xChange Trading Marketplace. This includes preventing operational issues for our customers and reducing the time taken to respond to unread messages and customer “To-Do” lists.
As our operations go-to person, you have the drive to make the members’ experience on xChange a success by providing all-time support, oftentimes switching gears between different teams. You work closely with the other CSM members and our Account Managers to help deliver communication with clients.
Your responsibilities in a nutshell
- Taking full control of the current processes for deal follow-up on your assigned companies
- Understand all functionalities of our product, including all operational processes linked to other departments internally (e.g. finance, conops, etc.)
- Support customers through all phases of a deal after it gets accepted until it reaches completion
- Communicate customer feedback to the product team to drive relevant feature improvements
- Build strong relationships with your customers, understand their pain points, and help them become successful in the trading marketplace
- Keep in touch with your customers on a regular basis and identify the best communication methods and times to contact them for follow-ups
- Communicate clearly and directly with customers, making them see our support team as their first point of contact when they need help with ongoing deals
- Identify their pain points throughout the entire deal cycle by ‘interviewing’ them during your follow-ups – assist them manually as much as possible in resolving these issues while also developing manual process improvements to address these pain points in the future.
- Challenge our processes for doing deal follow-up and offer suggestions on how to improve it
- Measure and track deal developments, identifying the main drivers for successful or unsuccessful negotiations
- Examine our internal setup and tools for monitoring deals, as well as make suggestions for future improvements
What we’re looking for
- Fluency in English and/or Mandarin, any additional European language would also be a plus
- 1 year of experience in a customer-facing role, such as Customer Support or Business Development, is preferred.
- Self-starter attitude with a high personal drive – you are excited about being a part of rapid growth and not afraid to get your hands dirty
- You are a great communicator and listener; you are passionate about the xChange mission and inspire and motivate the people around you
- You value integrity and trust in your own approach as well as your teams – You are open and transparent in all communication and promote a culture of collaboration within the team
What we have to offer
- Ownership from day one! You will have full responsibility and creative freedom to bring your ideas to life
- A dynamic and international team with ~60 nationalities across our fast-growing 280+ team members & extremely flat hierarchies
- A highly scalable product with a proven product-market fit ready to change the industry & do something good ♥
- A great working atmosphere with an open-minded and collaborative culture—plus a team of highly motivated & enthusiastic colleagues who can´t wait for you to join
- A fast-paced work environment and complex intellectual challenges from day 1
- Great location – our office is in the city centre of Hamburg!
- Goes without saying: Flexible home-office rules, regular team events, and of course a wide variety of fruits and drinks in the office
- All employees become shareholders in xChange