UnitedHealth Group (501+ Employees, 17% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Title: Customer Service Manager – Remote
Location: United States
Job Category: Customer Service and Claims
Job Type: Full-time
Travel Percentage: -1
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
There’s an energy and excitement here, a shared mission to improve the lives of others as well as our own. Ready for a new path? Start doing your life’s best work.
At Optum, the mission is clear: Help people live heathier lives and help make the health system work better for everyone.
LHI is one of 4 businesses under OptumServe. OptumServe provides health care services and proven expertise to help federal government agencies modernize the U.S. health system and improve the health and well – being of Americans. By joining OptumServe you are part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a leader across most major segments in the U.S. health care system. LHI was founded in 1999 and acquired by Optum in 2011, LHI specializes in creating and managing health care programs through on – location services, patient – specific in – clinic appointments, telehealth assessments, or any combination based on customer need. LHI’s customizable solutions serve the diverse needs of commercial customers, as well as federal and state agencies, including the U.S. Departments of Defense, Veterans Affairs, and Health and Human Services.
In this role you will be responsible for the daily management of the Customer Service department operations and execution of Program(s) as may be assigned including performance management, quality, staffing and staff development. Assist Client Services Director in the development and implementation of short and long-term planning of goals, metrics, staff development/motivation and process efficiencies/improvement. Primary responsibility for the contracts assigned to ensure the department is meeting contract requirements while staying current with process additions/changes.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday – Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 12:00pm 9:00pm CST Time Zone. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Maintain contract expertise and oversight for compliance and standards of productivity for respective contract assignments. Serve as point of contact for contract meetings, development, and process improvements. Develop and implement operating policies, procedures and standards.
- Oversee the hiring process for all positions assigned including the requisition request, interview process, collaboration with Human Capital for candidate planning and staff budgeting.
- Actively manage projects and process improvement initiatives to ensure opportunities for continuous improvement and efficiency in the contact center.
- Manage the Quality process for assigned programs to ensure agents are consistently monitored and accurately scored and calls are calibrated regularly. Also ensure quality work checks are performed and the monitoring program is reviewed regularly for accuracy and adjustments as necessary. Direct the workflow for the administration of reporting and monitoring activity for compliance.
- Manage supervisory staff to ensure individual employee performance in meeting goals and providing direction for performance improvement and coaching. Provide direction and guidance for staff development, motivation and career development.
- Manage Administrative staff to ensure that productivity and quality performance standards are met.
- Set goals and determine metrics for staff to meet productivity and quality standards and create incentive plans in collaboration with the Director.
- Work with training staff to ensure training needs meet and exceed performance expectations. Serve as operational subject matter expert (SME) for training planning as required.
- Perform a strategic role in new contract planning and implementation.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED ( or higher)
- 5+ years of supervisory or leadership experience in a customer service environment is required; 2 of the 5 must be in a call center environment
- Database experience in Excel (Intermediate)
- Excellent computer skills with Microsoft Applications; Microsoft Word (create and edit correspondence), Microsoft Excel (create and edit spreadsheets), Microsoft PowerPoint (ability to create and edit slides) and Microsoft Outlook (calendar, schedule meetings), which includes the ability to navigate and learn new and complex computer system applications.
- Working knowledge of Avaya Contact Center Manager, Aspect Workforce Management and Avaya Contact Recorder systems
- Ability to work full-time, Monday – Friday between 12:00pm – 9:00pm CST including the flexibility to work occasional overtime given the business need
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in Health Career and or related experience.
- MedNet proficiency
- National Career Readiness Certificate
- Prior military experience
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
- Excellent problem-solving skills, strong time management and organizational skills, ability to multi-task while working in a fast-paced environment and strong analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with exceptional attention to details
- Ability to communicate and coordinate effectively with staff and employees at all levels within the company
- Ability to recognize individual strengths and weaknesses while adapting training needs to fit individual requirements
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $64,800 – $116,000. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $71,400 – $127,400. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.