The companies that win today are those that put an understanding of their customers and prospects at the heart of their organisation; the investment in a central data team is an essential part of this journey. COVID-19 and the global switch-off of the in-person economy is accelerating these trends: interacting with and understanding your customers online is key to surviving and thriving in the new environment.
At Snowplow we are focused on powering the data journey that these central data teams are embarking on. To win in the new world, it’s essential that the data team can focus on the journey to value and mastery, and not get derailed by costly data delivery issues or burdensome organizational complexity. Snowplow helps data teams to do this, offering a data delivery platform that collects and operationalizes behavioral data, at scale.
It’s an exciting time here at Snowplow. We are actively selling in 14 countries with hundreds of customers and thousands of open-source users; Snowplow is well placed to weather the ongoing economic storm, having recently closed its Series A2 fundraising with Atlantic Bridge and MMC Ventures. The Snowplow team is delighted to announce that Gartner has recognised us as a cool vendor in Marketing and Data Analytics 2020.
This role sits in our Customer Success team, working alongside a team of Customer Success Specialists, Technical Customer Success Managers and Solutions Architects, reporting into our Head of Customer Success.
At Snowplow we see Customer Success as a key growth function of the business. We don’t see Customer Success merely as a retention function but as a key to exceeding our ambitious Net Revenue Retention targets, driving Snowplow adoption across our customers’ organisations.
You will own your portfolio of accounts from initial onboarding, through activation, expansion and advocacy, the complete customer lifecycle. Being a horizontal platform, you will work creatively with Solutions Architects to fully understand your customers’ business and technical challenges and ensure their Snowplow implementation helps address their needs. You will help your customers to achieve and communicate business value derived from Snowplow, and further expand their use cases.
The environment you’ll be working in:
Our company values are Transparency, Honesty, Ownership, Inclusivity, Empowerment, Customer-centricity, Growth and Technical Excellence. These aren’t just words we plucked out of thin air, we came up with them together as a company and are continually looking to find new ways to weave these into our day to day operations. From flexible hours and working locations to the way we give feedback, we’re passionate about building a company that supports both company and individual development.
What you’ll be doing
● Actively serving a portfolio of assigned accounts including major consumer, prosumer and B2B brands across the Mid-market and Enterprise sectors
● Leading on new customer onboardings with our Solutions Architecture team, to educate and activate new customers
● Collaborate with customers in a highly strategic manner to develop their success roadmap for the first 12 months of Snowplow adoption and beyond
● Work with customers to quantify business value and ROI, solidifying the organisational value of Snowplow and helping our key stakeholders to communicate value
● Successfully managing renewals on your accounts to timeline and in line with the account commercial strategy
● Conduct QBRs with key customers, working closely with Sales to identify opportunities for account expansion and collaborating to close these opportunities
● Becoming a domain expert in your focus verticals through deep customer collaborations, general research and attending industry events/conferences
● Identify product feedback from customers, spotting trends and surfacing to help shape product roadmap
What you bring to the team
● You’re not a newbie to customer success. Minimum 2 years experience as a Customer Success Manager or Account Manager (ideally accounts with ACV $50k+)
● You understand people. Deeply emotionally intelligent, you can quickly read a room of stakeholders and adopt your delivery style and content quickly
● Process, Process, Process. You love process improvement, you can quickly aggregate trends across your customer base and use this to suggest improvements to the overall process.
● It’s the circle of… a customer. Firm understanding of Software-as-a-Service commercial dynamics and customer lifecycle, including renewals, churn, upsell and uplift
● Confidence is key. Previous experience with a complex software product, you are comfortable communicating with senior technical stakeholders (CTO, VP Eng, Tech Leads)
● Business challenge? Let me help. A passion for working at the intersection of technology and business problems – this role is always about delivering business impact for our customers through data
● You CAN see the needle in the haystack. Highly developed commercial acumen – as a trusted advisor to our clients you will be pivotal in spotting new opportunities where Snowplow could add even more value to our customers – you have worked in a business function with upsell/NRR targets
● Jet setter? This one’s for you… eventually. The world is a strange place at the moment, ideally you miss travel. Willingness to travel 40% of the time – primarily Europe – but also willingness to travel internationally, we love to see our customers face to face (when possible and safe)
What you’ll get in return:
● A competitive package, including share options
● 25 days of holiday a year (plus public holidays)
● Freedom to work from wherever suits you best
● Cycle to work scheme
● Two fantastic company Away Weeks in a different European city each year (or when this isn’t possible, we have “Stay Away Weeks”)
● Mental health support including therapy sessions
● Work alongside a supportive and talented team with the opportunity to work on cutting edge technology and challenging problems
● Grow and develop in a fast-moving, collaborative organisation
● MacBook Pro
● Convenient location in central London for those who want to work there
● Continuous supply of Pact coffee and healthy snacks in the office when you’re here!
Snowplow is dedicated to building and supporting a brilliant, diverse and hugely inclusive team. We don’t discriminate against gender, race, religion or belief, disability, age, marital status or sexual orientation. Whatever your background may be, we welcome anyone with talent, drive and emotional intelligence.