Gainsight (501+ Employees, 18% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
At Gainsight, our mission is to be living proof you can win in business while being human first.
Our industry-leading platform helps companies of all sizes and industries achieve durable growth through customer-led growth strategies (Gainsight CS), product-led growth strategies (Gainsight PX), and community-led growth strategies (inSided). With Gainsight, it’s never been easier for customer success, product, and community engagement teams to scale efficiently, create alignment, and have a holistic view of their customers—all of which help increase product adoption, prevent churn, and grow customer communities. Our software is used by hundreds of companies, including nearly 200 publicly traded organizations and industry leaders such as GE Digital, SAP Concur, and Box.
Gainsight joined the Vista Equity Partners portfolio in 2020. In 2021, we won their Excellence in Engineering award in recognition for our product and engineering advancements.
A remote-friendly company, we have offices in the US, UK, Netherlands, Israel, and India. Gainsight was certified as a Great Place to Work in 2021. It has also been named as one of the top 100 private cloud companies in the world by Forbes, one of the fastest-growing private companies in America by Inc. Magazine, and one of 20 Great Workplaces in Tech by Fortune Magazine.
With diversity and inclusion at the forefront of our core values, we promote a culture that celebrates diversity and inclusiveness regardless of, but not limited to, race, gender, sexual orientation, family status, religion, ethnicity, national origin, physical disability, veteran status, or age.
As a Customer Success Manager for Mid-Market Accounts, you’ll be managing a group of 40 clients in Gainsight’s fast growth segment. Key priorities include proactively managing risk and driving adoption and outcomes leading to renewals, expansion, and advocacy across your portfolio.
What You’ll Do
- Establish meaningful strategic partnerships with our clients, to ensure valuable outcomes and experiences for their organization and their customers
- Identify, deliver and communicate ROI for our clients, throughout the customer lifecycle
- Serve as the customer’s trusted partner on use-case and Customer Success industry best practices
- Build relationships with key stakeholders in the customer’s organization to enable an outstanding end-to-end customer experience and to identify and take immediate action on any potential risk or concerns
- Create customer deliverables (presentations, business process enhancements, strategy recommendations and updates) focused on senior executives to ensure Gainsight is aligned with their priorities and goals
- Use Gainsight technology to capture customer goals, objectives and success metrics and to align with customers on success
- Work cross-functionally within Gainsight to identify opportunities and risks, and to present recommendations and solutions to the customer
- Serve as an important source for information regarding the customer’s business needs and provide internal feedback, working closely with other internal cross-functional stakeholders, as well as leadership
- Partner internally with Account Executives to identify potential cross-sell and upsell opportunities and to enable seamless renewals
- Represent Gainsight as a domain and product expert in customer interactions, industry and corporate events, and online in both customer-facing and internal communities
What We’re Looking For
- 3+ years of experience in Customer Success. Be sure to tell us about any Gainsight University or Pulse+ certifications or courses you have taken.
- Recent Gainsight experience required
- World Class understanding of Customer Success concepts, best practices, and execution strategies
- Significant experience driving success with customers using complex products
- Expertise interfacing and communicating effectively with C-level executives, in order to understand their priorities, translate those to impactful objectives and discuss and drive program strategy and ROI, on an ongoing basis
- Ability to create structure in ambiguous situations, react promptly and appropriately to urgent situations and design and execute effective processes
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams (e.g. Sales, Product, Marketing, Services)
Why You’ll Love It Here
Your job should never be a barrier to your happiness—it should be an avenue to achieve it. At Gainsight, we’re passionate about achieving our goals—at the office and everywhere—and we work every day to create an environment that nurtures our best selves.
Here are our 5 core values:
- Golden Rule: We try to practice the Golden Rule by exercising reliability, trust and giving back to each other and our community.
- Success for All: We believe in success for our stakeholders—whether our teammates, clients, or shareholders—comes with a sincere focus on continuous learning, selfless teaching, and making a difference in each other’s lives.
- Child-like Joy: We aspire to experience child-like joy in our work and lives, injecting a spirit of passion, optimism, and laughter into everything that we do.
- Shoshin: We believe in a beginner’s mind. Don’t surround yourself with people like you–diversity breeds creativity.
- Stay Thirsty, My Friends: We believe in a totally internally-driven strive for greatness. The solution is to think more, not do more.
Some other reasons that Gainsters love working here:
- Our Customers: 700+ happy customers. ‘Nuff said.
- Our Pulse Community: Some of the brightest and nicest professionals, colleagues, and friends make up our 20k+ strong Pulse community.
- Our CEO: With a 99% approval rating on Glassdoor, Nick Mehta is one of the most beloved CEOs in Silicon Valley.
- Our Gainsters: 1200+ (and growing!) smart and friendly teammates around the world.
- Our Pulse Impact program: We are committed to advancing an equitable, human-first industry culture by addressing professional barriers to success and promoting an inclusive community that reflects the diverse world around us.
- Our Parody Videos: No explanation needed, just watch them here!
Benefits include medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, 401k available on the first day of the month after start date, and flexible PTO.
Gainsight is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, where applicable, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
By joining the Gainsight team, you’ll have a unique opportunity to make your mark at a high-growth company and have loads of fun doing it. Come join us!