- First Week: You will learn about Column’s mission and vision, seek to understand our existing sales and account growth process, and begin meeting other folks on the team. We’re a small company that’s growing quickly, so interpersonal rapport is essential.
- First Month: You will develop a comprehensive knowledge of Column’s product and the user personas who utilize it, Master the various tools and software used in daily support tasks, and Build a thorough understanding of the local news industry and the unique challenges that our publishing partners are seeking to solve.
- First Six Months: You’re consistently performing support responsibilities without guidance or assistance while meeting or exceeding performance expectations (maintaining an average of at least 8 support requests addressed per hour and an average CSAT rating of at least 90%).
- First Year: Identify and prioritize problems, develop several proposed solutions, and work with team members to own the execution of these solutions. You will be an impactful member of a support team at a rapidly growing tech start-up that believes we have the potential to be a once-in-a-generation company.
Our Ideal Candidate
- You have experience in a client-facing role where you directly supported individuals in using a product or tool.
- You have experience working with digital tools and adapting to new technologies.
- You have experience collaborating with members of a team to accomplish common goals.
- You have experience translating customer feedback into actionable insights to grow a product.
- You’re looking for a remote-first role working with wildly talented people who care about their impact on local communities
- You might be a recent college or Bootcamp graduate, returning from a teaching or volunteering abroad, or exiting the armed services — no matter what, you have high potential and are willing to put in the work to enter or transition into a career in tech sales
- You’re a naturally curious person with experience with or interest in Column’s market, our mission, and our work
- You possess the strong, active listening, written communication, and organizational skills needed for customer-facing work
- You are an optimistic person who is committed to overcoming challenges to make positive contributions to customers’ lives
- You have a strong desire to exemplify our operating principles — be worthy of trust, do the hard work, never stop learning, intentionally build community, and tell a better story
- You have grit and really want to work with us — if you do not resemble our ideal candidate, tell us why you’d still be a great fit for this role in an optional cover letter
Compensation and Benefits
Column is built on the belief that important information should be accessible to the public. As such, we work hard to model this behavior for potential Columnists by including our base compensation in all job descriptions and making our full benefits accessible online.
- Base salary of $48,000, plus stock options and 401k plan with a 5% match
- Healthcare, vision, & dental coverage for you and your dependents
- Unlimited (and encouraged) paid time off, and 16-weeks paid parental leave
- Multiple stipends for you to invest in a home office setup and pursue wellness activities that make you feel healthy and whole
Column is the first collaborative public notice platform helping publishers, governments, and legal services work together to inform their communities. We are a remote-first public benefit corporation with an in-person headquarters in Miami, FL.
To us, people are everything. Our current Columnists are wildly talented people from around the globe. We support and challenge each other. We address real problems that people face in their communities. We believe that we have the potential to be a generational company that will change the world as we know it. Will you join us?