Bird (501+ Employees, 16% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Who is Bird
Bird is on a mission to bring environmentally friendly transportation to everyone. Our products, services, and people share one common goal: to make cities more livable by reducing gas-powered car usage, lowering carbon emissions, and improving the safety of all road users.
We are relentless in our pursuit of better—for our riders, for our partners, for our employees, and for future generations. Our award winning electric vehicles help millions of riders take carbon-free trips in more than 300 cities globally. And our teams push boundaries and challenge the status quo in pursuit of a brighter future.
Bird is looking for a driven, entrepreneurial, results-oriented Data Analyst to join our world class data team. In this role you will help lead the development of new tools, automated reports and dashboards to ensure that Bird is providing our most important customer, our cities, with the most up-to-date, actionable and meaningful data so that they can understand micro mobility within their market. In addition, you will be working closely with our city and gov teams to help craft proposals for entrants into new markets, new vehicle modes, or extensions to our operating agreements. This role will sit within the data team and will be working with some of the most interesting and dynamic data in any industry while also directly informing, influencing, and shaping business and go-to-market decisions in 2022 and beyond
- We’re targeting aggressive growth over the next year, with Bird Scooters, bikes and other modes of transport available around the globe. In this role, you’ll be impacting our ability to scale our data offerings so that every city has the data tools they need including access to live information and the ability to ask deeper questions that we can answer quickly and thoroughly. This role is key to ensure that our cities continue to love Bird, not only for helping reducing car traffic but because we provide a data suite unlike any other
- Leverage your experience and skills to understand and share how our riders, operators interact with and use our core business products in-market
- Help define and analyze metrics that inform the success of Bird’s presence on-the-ground, helping to monitor vehicle presence, adoption & fleet health across our entire marketplace ecosystem
- Partner with Gov and Sales teams to craft proposals, effectively summarizing our current and future impact in markets across several key areas such as transportation, commerce and sustainability
- In addition, partner with Product and Operations teams to develop and implement experiments to test hypothesis for which changes will drive product adoption and growth
- Communicate via compelling, easy-to-use dashboards or analysis the state of our businesses across the globe including operational performance and potential opportunities and markets for growth
- Conduct hands-on modeling/analytics retrieving, compiling, and analyzing large volumes of data from disparate databases into distilled, actionable information and insights
- Champion the analytics process – from measurement strategies, data preparation, modeling, cleansing and evaluation
- Lead by example and help educate business stakeholders with varying technical or non-technical backgrounds
- Highly proficient in SQL, Python or another scripting language specific to data analysis
- Understanding of 1 or more data exploration and visualization tools, Tableau, Looker, etc
- 3+ years of experience using data to facilitate business decisions, provide insight, or to satisfy customer needs
- Familiarity with key statistical concepts & analysis such as regressions, distribution, sampling, standard deviations, etc
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart and open-minded team that is passionate about our mission. Each day is unlike the last, as we’re constantly moving forward, challenging each other, and working together to create the future of micro-mobility.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare package, childcare support, pre-tax spending accounts, mental health resources, a work from home stipend, a wellness stipend, and a whole host of other out of the box benefits that meet you where you are.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.