We are on a path to become the single largest provider of commercial intelligence and automation across the travel and transportation industry.
Starting with airlines, we provide the Cirrus Revenue Operating System™ that reshapes how travel and transportations businesses plan their commercial operation. We displace legacy data, forecasting, pricing, and reporting solutions with a single enterprise SaaS platform that leverages the latest advancements in deep learning, cloud computing, and user experience.
Our hyper-accurate contextual forecasts enable the most effective scheduling, marketing, and leadership decisions while directly managing the pricing for billions of dollars worth of product and revenue.
FLYR does not currently have a physical office in Los Angeles; however, we are looking to open one up in the near future. While we’re a remote-first company, we’re employing a hub-and-spoke model and will be opening an office in the area that you can frequent as you may wish!
We are looking for an exceptional Data Analyst to join our Data Science team. You will join one of our AI Customer Delivery teams where you’ll play a key role in successfully onboarding new FLYR customers. You will apply your technical expertise to transform complex, imperfect datasets into actionable insights via massive-scale data transformation and standardization, productized ETL pipelines, performant and reliable data monitoring, and polished client-facing data visualizations and dashboards. You will become an expert in various sources and types of airline data that ultimately feed our predictive pricing models. Lastly, you have an eye for efficiency and will find ways to scale your impact to support a team effort to shrink implementation timelines.
What will your destination look like?
- Own the transformation of raw, semi-structured datasets into a standardized schema in our cloud-based data warehouses.
- Work closely with data scientists and data engineers to extract insights from data.
- Apply an inquisitive approach and strong technical skills to identify subtle patterns in massive, integrated datasets, proactively identifying source data issues as well as new opportunities to improve our models, algorithms, and product.
- Become an expert in airline data, including its purpose, interconnectivity, and relevance to our models.
- Uncover new opportunities for scalable, repeatable tools and processes for future implementations.
- Ideate, develop, and ship production-grade data pipelines, client-facing dashboards, and metrics readouts.
- Apply your exceptional communication skills to build effective, trusting relationships with internal stakeholders and customers alike.
What can you bring on this trip?
- Advanced SQL – You know your way around analytical and aggregate functions, complex joins, window functions, and are confident in wrangling all types of data in SQL.
- Strong Python skills – You are well-versed in common data science libraries such as Pandas and NumPy but are also able to write basic Python code that is clean, well-documented and tested.
- Experience working with large datasets for ETL activities; experience with task orchestration tools like Apache Airflow is a plus.
- You are highly curious and willing to dive into data to uncover the truth and discover actionable insights. You are always asking relevant questions and you know how to find answers within data.
- You are a strong communicator and team player and have experience collaborating across multiple teams and external partners
- Experience with data visualization (Tableau, Looker, etc.) and cloud computing platforms (GCP, etc.) is a plus.
- You have 3+ years of experience tackling similar problems academically and/or professionally and a proven history of delivering results
Compensation and Benefits:
- Equity in Series B startup with high growth potential
- Comprehensive healthcare plans (Choice of PPO & HMO available)
- Generous PTO policy and flexible working arrangements (remote eligible)
- 401K with company match
At our SFHQ:
- Bright, modern office in excellent SoMa location
- Herman Miller chairs and Autonomous SmartDesks
About FLYR’s product
Cirrus™, our Revenue Operating System, is deployed by major commercial airlines both internationally and domestically. Cirrus leverages an extensive data- and deep learning infrastructure that was built from the ground up to solve airlines’ most complex commercial challenges.
Founder Alex Mans started FLYR in 2013, initially with the intent to remove inefficiencies in airline pricing for travelers. Since then, we’ve shifted focus to address the forecasting and pricing problems at the core of major airlines, and we have built a team with a wide range of experiences in enterprise technology, aviation, and entrepreneurship. We are a dynamic and fast-growing travel tech start-up headquartered in the SoMa neighborhood in San Francisco with a European development hub in Krakow, Poland.
Impact of COVID-19
While the effects of COVID-19 on commercial aviation (our primary client base) have been widely publicized, demand from airlines around the globe has exceeded all expectations. On the back of incredible outperformance compared to legacy incumbents in our space, we are on track for an exceptionally strong 2021 and beyond. While the road to travel recovery isn’t easy, you won’t find any other industry as dedicated to continuous improvement and reinvention.
Our Commitment to Fairness
At FLYR, we are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and embrace a commitment to have our teams better reflect the world around us as we scale the business.