Merit (11-50 Employees, N/A 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Merit’s verified identity ecosystem helps trusted organizations across government and enterprise solve critical real-world problems in workforce development, emergency services, licensing, education, defense readiness, and other sectors. Thousands of trusted organizations – including government agencies and nonprofits – use Merit for digital verification of credentials, licenses, training, and skills.
Using Merit, organizations can capture and certify people-data in containers called merits, and permission them to individuals. All of an individual’s merits are stored in one place, providing people agency over their verified data, giving people secure access and selective sharing with other organizations.
By connecting organizations and individuals, the Merit Platform supports a robust verified identity network that serves as a source of truth and trust for entire industries; bringing visibility, liquidity, and trust to people’s data.
Merit has been widely adopted and used by numerous organizations:
-The Florida Division of Emergency Management partnered with Merit to provide a fast, secure, paperless solution for the verification and time-tracking of thousands of volunteers and paid medical professionals assisting with the statewide COVID-19 vaccination efforts. As a result of our work together, FDEM was named a StateScoop 50
Award winner for the State IT Innovation of the Year.
–BARBICIDE® partnered with Merit to provide digital credentials to beauty professionals worldwide, exceeding two million digital, portable, shareable BARBICIDE® merits sent to date through Merit’s verified identity platform. The merits are granted for completion of BARBICIDE’s widely utilized courses on safety standards and best-practices.
–Virginia’s Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation (DPOR) partnered with Merit to streamline licensing and digital credentialing for the more than 300,000 professionals across more than 40 industries that are required to have a license to work. With Merit, those licenses are now digital, accessible, and easily verifiable by consumers and businesses.
Merit’s values are more than just words on paper – they permeate the company’s brand, culture,
products, and even individual actions. Our values are:
1. Building a network of truth and trust. Merit is modeling the real world of Verified Identity into a digital one, built on merits. Society values truth, and merits represent truth.
2. Everyone is a friend. We see opportunities everywhere because Merit has endless ways to grow the already vast and self-propagating Verified Identity graph.
3. A rising tide lifts all boats. We think about entire industries and how to make the most impact on people’s lives. When we succeed, our employees, partners, and everyone on Merit should succeed.
4. Measure to meaningfully improve. Work is measured by output, not vanity metrics, and the things we do measure have goals.
5. Use Merit to build Merit. The strength of the Merit network, platform, and company compounds with the addition of every partner, consumer, and employee.
When your business revolves around “people data”, the line between Business Intelligence and Solutions Engineering can often blur, so we are growing a cross-functional team that can thrive within that ambiguity. In this role you will be at the forefront of Merit’s interactions with customers, partners, and vendors, in addition to supporting internal teams like Go-to-Market, Operations, Customer Success, Product, and Marketing. Our work is supported and enabled by the burgeoning Data Engineering team, providing tooling and integration frameworks to enable modern data pipelines and solutions to both be rapidly implemented and rigorously maintained. Today these tools include Stitch, Snowflake, Airflow, dbt, Tableau, and hightouch. In addition, we may leverage Apps Scripts, Cloud Functions, and iPaaS tools such as Zapier when they are the best fit for the job at hand.
Merit is a startup environment where you will be expected to roll up your sleeves, take initiative, and get creative about finding solutions to challenges. This is a full-time, 100% remote role.
- Ensure Business Intelligence dashboards and reports are robust, accurate, and resilient by building scalable analytics solutions.
- You will partner closely with cross-functional stakeholders to understand their needs, proactively provide direction around data requirements, and develop integrations with client, partner, and vendor systems and platforms.
- Produce and maintain thorough documentation of solutions, data models, and pipelines for stakeholders across the company.
- Become a subject matter expert for all things data in and around Merit, recommending, developing, and implementing best practices for reporting, analytics, and generation of key metrics needed for clients and internal stakeholders alike.
- Work collaboratively in a relationship-oriented, matrixed, fluid, growing, and complex environment.
- Experience in custom ETL/ELT design, implementation, and maintenance (Experience directly with Snowflake, Singer, Stitch, & Airflow a plus).
- Strong proficiency with SQL on distributed or data lake systems (in particular experience with dbt is strongly preferred).
- Experience using data visualization/business intelligence tools (Tableau experience a plus).
- Experience using Google Apps Scripts, Cloud Functions, & iPaaS tools (such as Zapier) for enablement and solutioning.
- Proven ability to orchestrate multiple tools in varying environments to get the job done.
- Experience leading projects with cross-functional stakeholders in a highly matrixed organization.
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously and working autonomously in a fast-paced ambiguous environment.
At Merit, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate, support, and value it for the innate benefit of our employees, the competitive advantage of our products, and the strength of the communities we are a part of. Merit is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. We will do our best to accommodate any disabilities or special needs you may have.