MultiVerse (201-500 Employees, 190% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
We are Multiverse, a tech startup with a social mission. We’re building an outstanding alternative to university and corporate training, to develop a diverse group of future leaders. Our impact focuses on three core areas: measuring potential beyond academics, delivering world-class job-focused training via applied learning, and helping diverse groups of young people build social capital through a thriving community.
We are one of the fastest-growing businesses in Europe and also rapidly expanding in North America, working with over 300 clients including Facebook, Morgan Stanley, KPMG, Kantar, Citi, and Microsoft.
We started 2021 with the UK’s largest-ever EdTech funding round – a $44m Series B. Since then we’ve opened our New York office, and been awarded “Outstanding” by OFSTED (the UK government’s education regulator) across every category. In September 2021, we broke the funding record again with a $130m Series C raise.
We are looking for exceptional people to join us as we create something genuinely radical that will replace the way people think about accessing careers and how they learn.
We have just launched our first international office in NYC and are looking for exceptional individuals to join our delivery team as coaches. As our Data coach, you will be responsible for delivering our Data Fellowship curriculum, working with highly engaged individuals as they start their career in data.
Your role will be a mixture of small group workshops and bootcamps plus one-on-one sessions, and supporting apprentices across incredibly exciting businesses to become the next generation of data leaders. If you have drive, ambition and are excited by being part of growing our US business, then come join us!
Please note that while this role is fully remote within the US, we have restrictions in the following states: Hawaii, Alaska, Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming, Montana, North Dakota, Nebraska, Minnesota, Iowa, Arkansas, Kentucky, and Washington. If you live in these states, please indicate so on the application form. Proceeding with your application suggests to us that you are open to relocation for this particular role.
What does the program I would be teaching look like?
You will be delivering a Data Analyst program. The topics you will teach will progress through the program, starting with the data analytics fundamentals such as Excel, SQL and visualizations with Tableau, to teaching more advanced data topics such as Big Data, Natural Language Processing, Python and R.
What you bring
- You have a passion for all things data analytics and data science
- You might be a teacher who loves data and is looking for a new challenge
- You might be finishing up your PhD and have loved being a lab or teaching assistant
- You might be a Data Scientist/Analyst who has a passion for development or wanting to share your knowledge to the next generation!
- You believe passionately in social mobility and equity
What’s in it for you?
- Ownership in the business through equity options
- 20 days PTO to ensure you have plenty of time to recharge and stay on top of your game. We will make you take them!
- Learn from the people who grew four different pre-IPO businesses to multi-billion dollar valuations (most recently AppDynamics)
- Be surrounded by smart, driven and ambitious people who dream big, work hard and have fun
- Comprehensive insurance plans and 401(k) starting on your first day
- Be at the heart of a rapidly accelerating business that the leading Silicon Valley VCs are investing in; and be part of the foundational team on the ground in the US
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Covid-19 and Hiring
As we navigate through this pandemic together, we want to reassure you that keeping candidates and our employees safe is of paramount importance to us. That’s why the entire recruitment process will take place remotely, using phone and video calls (usually zoom). For successful candidates who end up being hired, we always ensure a safe, engaging and (for the time being) a remote onboarding experience. We also take care to make sure all of your equipment will be sent to you by courier, so you are ready for your first day.
As well, Multiverse requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. We will consider requests for reasonable accommodation based on disability and/or religious benefits on an individualized basis.