Tymit (51-200 Employees, 282% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
At Tymit our mission is to reinvent the credit card to make it honest, safe, and more transparent to achieve more peace of mind when managing your finances. To prove this to our users, we have built an elegant and intuitive app linked to a credit card designed to achieve better financial well-being and control like never before.
A credit card from a tech company, not a Bank. Fintech credit makes up only a tiny fraction of overall credit. Still, it is growing rapidly, and Tymit will be at the forefront of the digital disruption in the credit card world.
Based in the UK, Spain, and Greece, our talented and growing team is committed to creating a diverse and fun work environment, putting the user at the center of every decision we make. At Tymit, we have a mantra. Customers are first because that’s what drives us and our growth, and we’ll continue catering to them that way.
Compensation & Perks
The salary range of this role is £70,000 – £80,000 per annum depending on experience.
25 days of paid holiday plus bank holidays.
Your birthday off.
Tymit is working fully remote, and all employees can remain working from home if they want, traveling to our offices when agreed with the team.
If your preference is working from our office and working onsite with other Tymiteers, we have you covered with our offices – Postpandemic.
⏰ Flexible working hours.
Additional days to attend conferences and workshops when related to technology and/or events related to Tymit’s industry and sector.
Budget for remote home expenses.
Learning & Development is a big asset for us, and we count with a yearly budget.
Private health insurance.
6 months free-interest for all Tymiteers in our Tymit card.
Budget for your home office set up.
About the role
We are looking for a Data Lead to join Tymit to set the strategy for our data function and implement it technically. This is a new role at Tymit and will be responsible for designing the new data architecture and bringing it to life.
The data lead is responsible for performing the analysis of the requirements in order to build the new data architecture following modern data architecture designs and hands-on coding to bring to Tymit a brand-new data warehouse and data lake solution which will allow analysts a better source to obtain knowledge from data.
Partner closely with C-level leadership to define and expand this role’s product, business, and technical strategy.
Will help to build a data team consisting of data engineers and data analysts as we look to scale through 2022.
We are small, but we think big. Do you want to join us?
About the culture
Be ready to join a company where collaboration is key. You will be expected to share knowledge and speak up, at the same time you have the ability to listen to others and consider their opinions. At Tymit we are also big fans of good atmosphere and humor, prepare yourself to receive a bunch of GIFs.
During your time at Tymit you will
- Be responsible for the Data decision-making process as well as providing innovation, leadership, and influence in the design of Tymit’s Engineering processes.
- Balance technical and product decisions, keeping our customers at the heart of them.
- Responsible for designing “Modern Data Architecture designs” that will be in harmonization with the ecosystem of our actual cloud provider.
- Be a “do-er”, and specially will have to train technically other Data team members in other to acquire the technical skills required to develop and maintain the data pipelines.
- Asses the hands-on job don in order to ensure the data architecture is on the right direction.
- Continuously assess the roadmap and vision of the Data architecture in order to include improvements along all the way from the data transformation to the data exploitation.
- Define how we use data to understand customers and improve our product.
- Raise the bar for the entire data function through best practice, tooling, and automation.
- In conjunction with Platform team will contribute to continuously developing the data architecture in AWS Cloud.
- Assign responsibilities and manage the workload of the team under your supervision.
- Embrace and promote the Tymit values and those behaviors that we feel need to be recognized and rewarded, or those situations in which we need to provide feedback.
- As part of a regulated entity, you will conduct your responsibilities with the highest standards of transparency and commit to ensuring the right levels of compliance when required. You will also need to align with the principles of sound and prudent conduct on the affairs of an authorized institution.
- Discuss with each team member their mid-and long-term opportunities in Tymit, career path, and expectations, and keep track of areas or positions that might be at risk.
- Be involved in the definition of the different roles under your supervision, participate in all the hiring processes including the offers with candidates, and in the definition of the performance criteria.
- Behaves as a facilitator between teams people to mediate on communication or requirements problems.
- Provide feedback and collect feedback from the team members that report to you by organizing a dedicated 1on1 meeting.
- Coordinate team holidays with Technical Line manager, and Head of Data if required.
Key technologies we use at Tymit
Analytics team: in your day-to-day you will be working with technologies such as AWS, SQL and Metabase.
Tymit tech team: we work with technologies such as Kotlin, SwiftUI, Swift, Java, Groovy, Grails, Quarkus, NodeJS, React, Python, RabbitMQ, Postgres, AWS, ELK, Docker, Docker Swarm, Terraform, Ansible, and Jenkins.
We are always open to adopting new tools to solve complex problems, so we’re ready to discuss options with anyone with the right experience.
What you will bring along
- Experience capturing data requirements from business and technology, and translating those to the vision of driving well-architected data solutions within AWS.
- Good experience using data integration technologies like AWS Glue or Redshift.
- Good hands-on experience with Python language.
- Expertise in working with data sources of different nature (SQL, NoSQL, Key-value, CSVs, etc.) and designing solutions and their roadmap to transform that raw data into knowledge and valuable information.
- High experience working with heterogeneous engineering and product teams which require gluing together requirements and solutions.
- Able to handle the ambiguity of a startup to figure out what needs to be done and do it.
- Experience with analytics tools like Looker, Metabase or AWS Quicksight would be great.
What you can expect from our hiring process
45 min. video call with Carla, part of Tymit’s People team. Understand your career plan and what motivates you about Tymit.
60 min. video-call with Fran, Platform Lead, and Melanie, Data Analyst. Brief technical discussion around a task to better understand your skills and give you a sneak peek of what it could be working at Tymit.
90 min. video-call with Fredrik, Data Engineer, and Héctor, Platform Engineer. Technical discussion around a task to better understand your skills and give you a sneak peek of what it could be working at Tymit.
60 min. video-call with two people from our Engineering and Product team. Introduction to your future team to get a sense of Tymit’s culture.
If you have any disability, please let us know whether there are any adjustments we can make for our process to be more inclusive.
To meet our regulatory obligations as a licensed financial services company in the UK, Tymit needs to take background checks, Criminal and Credit checks, our new hires to help us safeguard our users. If you have any concerns regarding this process, please discuss this with our People Team.
Tymit is made up of people from various backgrounds, and you are welcome for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like. We seek to create a culture where everyone can belong because we believe that people do their best work to show up every day as their authentic selves. So, bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background.
We do not make hiring or employment decisions based on race, religion, age, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, pregnancy status, or any other difference. If you have any disability, please let us know whether there are any adjustments we can make for our process to be more inclusive.
*Please, take into account that we do not provide Visa sponsorships, and you need to have right to work in the countries where we are located.