Who We Are:
Nacelle was built for technology-forward merchants drawn to the benefits of a headless architecture but dissatisfied with the costs and complexity associated with adoption. Leaders at FTD.com, Boll & Branch, and Thinx use Nacelle to eliminate the typical maintenance costs and infrastructure complexities related to going headless while accelerating their time-to-market. Unlike traditional commerce solutions, our product is built on event-driven and elastic core technology optimized for flexibility, performance, and customization.
Nacelle is an early stage, venture-backed, fully remote company. Recently closing our Series A round for $18m, our institutional investors include Index Ventures, Inovia and more. We also have raised from notable industry angels including leaders from Shopify Plus, Attentive, and Klaviyo.
We are looking for an experienced Data Engineer with the relentless pursuit of crafting a world-class DevOps culture. The ideal candidate promotes modern DevOps, and recognizes the application developer as the ‘customer’ to empower. You will join Nacelle’s Engineering staff to develop and build all aspects of infrastructure and CICD. You will work directly with application developers on well-designed, repeatable solutions that scale.
Nacelle is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of e-commerce’s greatest challenges and make an impact on any of businesses’ online presence.
At Nacelle, engineers not only revolutionize the storefront experience, they routinely work on massive scalability and optimization solutions, headless e-commerce services and exemplify infrastructure as code through our forward-thinking DevOps culture. We are a 100% remote company. We hire top engineering talent and don’t believe that can be limited by the bounds of location. Our team consists of 11 engineers currently, and is growing quickly to match industry necessity.
Coming off of a year when the pandemic dramatically impacted all industries, we have responded with reflection and seen it as a call to action. Businesses have had to redefine their web presence to remain competitive and relevant, and Nacelle is the conduit.
- Design and develop flexible data transformation processes that support a strong consumption-based service model
- Write and maintain automated tests for data pipelines
- Monitor and maintain health of our data lake clusters in Databricks
- Develop and maintain any necessary CICD pipelines for data migrations and processing
- Participate in scrum ceremonies to ensure proper workload and alignment
- Work with stakeholders, SREs, and developers to establish service level objectives for data pipeline observability and performance
Skills & Qualifications:
- 5 or more years of general software development experience
- Developed production-grade data streaming pipelines with Spark and Kafka
- Experience in a fast-paced venture-backed startup SaaS environment
- Strong understanding of software patterns and data structures
- Experience with observability tooling for big data processes
- Advanced knowledge of SQL as well as Python or Skala
- Advanced knowledge of how big data solutions work “under-the-hood”
Nice to Have:
- Experience with production-grade infrastructure-as-code with Pulumi, Terraform, or Cloud Formation (we use Pulumi)
- Experience writing CICD pipelines with an industry standard solution provider (we use Github Actions)
- Exposure to node development a plus
Benefits & Perks:
- Robust health benefits packages
- Full support for remote work, including a stipend for getting your home work space setup
- Home internet plan paid for monthly
- Unlimited PTO
- An extremely enthusiastic team that appreciates collaboration