At TaskRabbit, we want to make your neighborhood a little more familiar. Whether it’s a handyman (or woman!), a housecleaner, moving help or delivery person, we’re imagining a world where everyone will have a go-to team to make everyday life easier.
As a pioneer of the sharing economy, TaskRabbit was founded on the premise of neighbors helping neighbors. Since then, our network has grown to six countries and 45+ cities, yet our core mission of creating a better everyday life for everyday people has remained the same.
Together with IKEA, we’re creating more opportunities for people to earn a consistent, meaningful income on their own terms by building lasting relationships with clients in communities around the world.
We are a group of mission-minded people. Our culture is collaborative, pragmatic, and fast-paced. We’re looking for talented, entrepreneurially-minded and data-driven people who also have a passion for helping people do what they love – and have a ton of fun while they’re at it.
About the Job
As a Data Engineering manager, you will hire, coach and manage a data engineering team that owns our data infrastructure and designs high scale systems ensuring data reliability, accuracy and availability. You will implement best in class data warehousing practices including managing data governance and creating processes for data monitoring, alerting and anomaly detection. You will work with cross functional teams to help prioritize your teamwork and deliver against timelines with high quality software. You will define the team’s roadmap, success criteria , and priorities with collaborating with a broader data team. You keep up with the industry trends and continuously identify new tools to be adopted.
Join us in creating a better everyday life for everyday people.
- Build, coach and scale high performing data engineering team
- Proactively drive the data engineering vision and define and execute on a plan to achieve that vision
- Design well architected data models and define data warehousing best practices
- Build cross-functional relationships with Data Scientists, Product Managers and Software Engineers to understand data needs and deliver on those needs
- Partner with stakeholders and drive high impact dashboards, reports and visualizations
- Work with Machine Learning Engineerings to build and productionize data and ML models
- Define and manage SLA’s for all data sets and processes running in production.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience as a data engineering manager with expertise in scaling, managing and building high performing data teams
- Skilled in coaching and leading other engineers, but also not afraid to get your hands dirty with coding if needed
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams
- Strong communication and leadership skills, with a bias toward action and with the ability to proactively drive projects to completions
- Experience with modern cloud platforms like Amazon Web Services or Google Cloud Platform
- Expert in SQL and at least one scripting language (Python, Perl, etc.)
- Exposure to data warehouse technologies such as Snowflake, as well as to reporting and dashboarding tools like Looker and Tableau
- Expertise in Agile/Lean software development methodologies such as Scrum
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Math, Physics, or another technical field
You’ll love working here because:
- The People. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams — people you can be proud to work with!
- The Values.
- Care Deeply. We take time to be present and partner with our team and communities.
- Level Up. We navigate through ambiguity and go the extra mile.
- Be A Better Neighbor. We build a diverse and sustainable community and encourage all voices.
- Lead The Future Together. We value entrepreneurship and inspire by action.
- The diverse culture. We believe that we make better decisions when our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Women make up more than half of our team and leadership, and we strive to recruit and retain employees from all over the world.
- The perks. TaskRabbit offers comprehensive medical benefits, generous vacation and holiday time off, commuter benefits, learning and development opportunities, career development trainings, monthly TaskRabbit product stipends, IKEA discounts, free lunch, weekly meditations, charity events, and a dog-friendly office.
TaskRabbit is a task management network that conveniently connects people with Taskers to handle everyday home to-do’s, such as furniture assembly, handyman work, moving help, and much more. Acquired by IKEA Group – the world’s largest furniture retailer – in 2017, TaskRabbit operates in the United States, the United Kingdom and Canada and is expanding its global reach rapidly.
As a pioneer of the sharing economy, TaskRabbit was founded in 2008 on the premise of neighbors helping neighbors. Since then, our network has grown to three countries, 45 cities and over 140,000+ Taskers, yet our core mission has remained the same. We want to make everyday life easier for everyday people. And by doing that, we can make your neighborhood a little more familiar.
In 2017, TaskRabbit launched TaskRabbit for Good (TR4G), which connects neighbors to build sustainable and compassionate communities. TaskRabbit for Good was created to make it easier for neighbors to give back locally and make a positive impact in communities around the world. TaskRabbit donates a portion of its service fee from all TR4G initiatives to best-in-class local non-profit organizations tackling social and environmental challenges.
TaskRabbit’s headquarters is located in the heart of San Francisco, with two other offices in Austin, and London.
Equal Opportunity Employer
TaskRabbit is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. TaskRabbit is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
TaskRabbit will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.