Platform.sh (201-500 Employees, 75% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Platform.sh is a remote-first global workforce that began in France. Our founders are committed to a better way, and that common thread continues today in each of our staff. We’re inspired by a future where digital infrastructure is at once everywhere and invisible. Where innovation and collaboration can easily flow, without technical barriers.
We’re a collective of diverse backgrounds seated together, testing, innovating, challenging each other, and reflecting on new ways to improve digital experiences. We’re here to help our customers thrive.
Bring your experience to our team and help us build a better way.
The Privacy team is looking for a Data Privacy Counsel to reinforce our commitment to customers’ privacy by ensuring Platform.sh maintains compliance with existing privacy and data protection standards and regulations. The role is focused on building, refining, and scaling the company’s privacy and data protection processes. This role will report to the Manager of Data Privacy.
What you can expect to do on a daily basis
- Manage various international recruitments simultaneously, all profiles, sure but mostly engineers
- Monitor Platform.sh compliance with applicable data protection laws and direct privacy team on GDPR, PIPEDA, CCPA, HIPAA, APA, and other global data privacy initiatives, including translating the related requirements into policies, implementation guides, and documentation
- Extensive legal research and analysis of new and pending data privacy laws, regulations, and guidelines to assess possible legal risks or situations where our employee or customer data is inadequately protected
- Support other legal and procurement teams in revising and negotiating privacy clauses, terms, data protection/sharing/transfer agreements with customers and vendors
- Investigate suspected privacy breaches, respond to data subject requests and inquiries, and lead internal privacy audit efforts
- Provide support to other departments on all privacy-related topics, deliver internal training, and work closely with the Security team on cross-over topics, including vendor due diligence
- Function as data privacy subject matter expert and provide privacy and data protection guidance and practical advice to the Data Protection Officer and internal stakeholders
What you bring
- Law degree required
- 2 to 5 years of experience
- Completion of one or more privacy and/or data protection-related certification programs (e.g., CIPP/E/US/A, CIPM, etc
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English with strong communication skills
- Must be a team player able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to handle multiple competing tasks and demands
- Experience and confidence with analyzing and negotiating contracts such as data processing agreements, terms of service, etc
- Significant level of knowledge of privacy and data protection laws such as the GDPR, PIPEDA, APA, CCPA, and HIPAA
Nice to have
- Previous work experience from a law firm or an international organization as in-house counsel
- Solid understanding and interest in information security principles and requirements and in integrating applicable security standards (SOC, ISO 27001, FEDRAMP)
- Comfortable with technology and technical terminology; experience working directly with engineers
What we bring as a team
- We are a small team that works well together; each member takes ownership of their work, but can always engage others for assistance when necessary
- We work in different timezones, so communication and documentation are key, and we pride ourselves on our organization and structure
- There is always room for growth and learning; no single day is the same and we often get the opportunity to work on new and interesting projects
This is a remote job. Work from anywhere!
We’re a worldwide, distributed team looking for the best talent. Our remote model has been in practice and thriving since 2014. To us, remote work means flexibility and having truly diverse, global teams.
*To maximize team collaboration this role is preferred in Europe time zones overlapping with employees in UTC+2 to UTC-6, so you are in the EMEA region.
Company perks and benefits
- Leadership that cares
- A global team, rich with culture and diversity
- An open work environment where your voice is encouraged. We can always find ways to do better and look forward to hearing your ideas
- A product you can believe in. We’re changing the way companies develop and manage their web applications
- Wellness stipend of US $300 a year
- Professional development budget of US $800
- Tandem – a pool of linguists from around the world willing to help each other work on learning new languages
- Office budget of US $3,000 at hire, (A computer is mandatory but spend the rest on things that help you work, from headphones to a wifi extender.) and a welcome kit of branded swag
- A yearly global gift exchange – get paired up with someone 3,000 miles or kilometers away, and share a part of your home
- We’re voted as A Best Place to Work by 96% of our employees
- Company wide DE&I initiative that you can be a part of
- Yearly, international, company and team meetups (when we’re not experiencing a pandemic)
- Fair PTO based on your country’s standards
- Inclusive parental leave (timeline is country-dependent)
- Remote working/flexibility
- Healthcare, dental, and vision (US, CA, UK and FR staff only)
- Matched contributions to 401K/RRSP (US and Canada staff only)
- Company shares (discretionary)
About our recruitment process
We don’t expect a great hire to meet every requirement we have listed. If you can see yourself elevating the team we want to hear about your story. Few of us would be here had we not taken a chance.
You can expect 1-4 interviews on Google Meet. We leave the process fairly customizable to teams and roles, so in some scenarios we’re able to streamline the process to have minimal rounds. Expect a higher number of rounds for director level roles and above.
Additionally, you can schedule coffee chats with potential future peers while you’re in the recruitment process to see if you can envision working together. Use interview and coffee time to make sure the company aligns with your best working environment.
All roles require background checks.
About our software
We are the most unified, secure, enterprise-grade platform for building, running and scaling fleets of websites and applications. Platform.sh is trusted by 5,000+ organizations globally to create the best digital experiences.