We are Zego – a commercial motor insurance provider that powers opportunities for businesses, from entire fleets of vehicles to self-employed drivers and riders. We combine best-in-class technology with sophisticated data sources to offer insurance products that save businesses time and money.
Since our inception, we have believed that the problem with traditional insurance is that it holds businesses back. It’s too expensive and time consuming, and it no longer suits businesses who use vehicles to earn money. Our products represent a solution to this problem for businesses based across the UK, Europe and beyond.
So far, we have raised over $200 million in funding and we were the first UK insurtech to be valued at over $1 billion. We were also the first to be awarded our own insurance license and recently won Tech Company of the Year 2020. At Zego, we are proud to say we have a diverse and inclusive team, unified by our shared values and mission. Our people are the most important part of our story and everybody at Zego, no matter their role, has an integral part to play.
We look for people who have expertise, enthusiasm and who are motivated by change. There’s plenty of room to grow, as part of our ongoing training programmes or directly from other experts. You’ll collaborate with an experienced group of people who respect each other’s differences and seek to understand fresh perspectives.
About the Role
Over the next 12 months you will:
- Establish and improve ways of working to maintain excellence in our development practices and delivery processes for the Data Science Team
- Partner with Product Managers, Tech Leads, Developers and Data Scientist to help build and achieve product roadmap plans with a high level of quality
- Ensure teams are equipped with all the tools required to do their job
- Work with multiple teams to help them solve issues and unblock problems
- Contribute to setting team OKRs and individual goals
- Provide feedback with coaching to help Data Scientists to grow and reach their potential
- Guide teams to make better decisions through sharing ideas and feedback with each other
- Champion knowledge sharing programmes across teams such as product demonstrations, lunch-and-learns and tech events
- Work with other technology leaders from across the business to align on learning and development strategies
- Partner with Talent Acquisition Managers to help attract, interview and improve the overall candidate experience
- Support and improve the onboarding of new Data Scientists into the team
- Get involved with diversity projects to help build a diverse and inclusive culture
- Contribute to expanding the engineering brand by getting involved with external talks and meetups, as well as networking with other like minded experts and leaders.
- Own and lead team scrum ceremonies.
- We are looking for someone who is experienced in building successful Data Science teams.
- You know how to help teams maintain a focus on delivery, and ensure they are motivated, collaborating and working well
- You have an understanding of Agile and Lean methodologies and can demonstrate these through effective coaching
- You understand the importance of professional development and support individuals with setting goals and development plans
- You are passionate about helping others achieve their goals
- You excel at learning and push yourself to develop your skills
- You are an excellent communicator, able to deliver information at all levels and influence where needed
- Previous experience in a data science role including data mining, pattern recognition, predictive modelling as well as productionising solutions.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at Zego. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: UK Only.