About Product’s Data Science and Analytics team
In this role, you will be joining CircleCI’s 10-member Analytics and Data Science team and will be reporting to our Experimentation team lead- part of the product organization department. We are passionate about improving our product experience, enabling data-driven product management, and growing our data practices! You will partner with product managers and collaborate with Design, Engineering, Analytics Engineering, and Data Engineering and lead all things data for your product team!
What you’ll do:
- Primarily, help build out and drive experimentation across our product organization. Determine the standards, processes, metrics, and methodologies for developing a best-in-class experimentation practice within our product. Design our experimentation for scale and accuracy, speed and impact. Clearly and effectively communicate results and recommendations to product leaders and exec leadership when necessary.
- Discover machine-learning (ML) models. Identify, evaluate, and scope customer problems (e.g, slow builds and flakey tests) and product problems (e.g., metric forecasts and customer segmentation). Define and implement a modelling strategy, and test, evaluate, and tune models. Deploy and monitor your models in production.
- Drive product outcomes with analysis, metrics, and planning. Analyze customers, product usage, and features. Uncover insights, clearly visualize data, soundly use statistics, and tell compelling stories. Define metrics that align with customer and business outcomes, and monitor, track, and root cause metrics. Help Product measure size and plan opportunities.
- Build our data science practice. Build the right analytics culture. Enhance our data architecture, governance, and documentation. Enable product managers to self-service off dashboards, reports, and tools. Be an expert in your data science passion (e.g, experimentation, Bayesian methods, or specific ML techniques). Develop and voice a clear point of view, rooted in data and analysis.
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of Data Science experience, including some modeling. Typically, you have one or two analytics-related jobs across two to four years. The most common is that of a data analyst, but roles analytics engineer or ML engineering are relevant too.
- Strong statistical background with proven application and impact with results
- Proficiency with our analytics tools. Strong SQL and Python/Pandas skills. Deep statistical knowledge. Good programming skills. Ability to quickly ramp up on GitHub, Snowflake, Looker, Amplitude, Segment, Optimizely, Airflow, DBT, and others.
- Experience with Product, Marketing, or customer-facing functions. Typically, you have worked with product managers, growth managers, marketing managers, or other partners focused on important customer outcomes. Often, that experience is at high-growth companies with SAAS offerings.
- Strong technical education. Often, you’ve got a master’s or Ph.D. degree in data science, analytics, statistics, or applied math. Still, there are many other relevant educational paths, including the right bachelor’s degree.
- Right soft skills. Passion for data, discovery, problem-solving, story-telling, and presenting results with a focus on driving impact. Curious, confident, and open to questioning assumptions and being questioned. Effective communicator. Entrepreneurial; fast-moving; and not easily discouraged. Has an instinct for value; and focused on the incremental, not gold plating.
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools – processing more than 1 million builds a day – CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in downtown San Francisco with a global, remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by Base10, Greenspring Associates, Eleven Prime, IVP, Sapphire Ventures, Top Tier Capital Partners, Baseline Ventures, Threshold Ventures, Scale Venture Partners, Owl Rock Capital, Next Equity Partners, Heavybit and Harrison Metal Capital.
CircleCI is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.