Verstand AI (11-50 Employees, 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
WHY WORK AT VERSTAND AI?
Verstand AI is a “remote first” decision science and data product development company that works in multiple commercial business verticals (e.g., retail, health care, pharma, finance, energy). The firm specializes in building and optimizing cloud data warehouses, applied machine learning/AI engineering, implementing data governance, and developing data-based web applications. Its data warehouse engineers, data engineers, data scientists and machine learning engineers share a love for solving interesting problems. In working at Verstand, you’ll join a motivated data team, work in different fields and we can guarantee that you will never stop learning! Our energetic and engaging environment will help you tackle the hardest problems as part of a highly cooperative team. So, if that sounds interesting, we’d love to hear from you.
Verstand AI is currently seeking multiple Data Warehouse Engineers, with strong cloud data warehouse experience, SQL expertise, and python development skills. Specifically, we are looking for engineers with experience supporting enterprise data warehouses/analytics in data-driven environments. Verstand engineers play an instrumental role in significant initiatives to transform all aspects of data management services for our clients, as well as for our internal software product development efforts. In both areas, the work leads to revised approaches to enterprise cloud data warehousing, business intelligence, data wrangling/ELT/ETL and leverages the cloud to provide advanced analytics and improve data mining capabilities.
This position will play a significant role in the implementation, maintenance and continuous improvement of enterprise data platforms. The individual will work closely with business stakeholders, software development and support teams.
- Design reporting facts and dimensions using data warehousing best practices
- Design and build data extraction, transformation, and loading processes by writing custom data pipelines
- Experience with setting up and operating data pipelines and data wrangling procedures using Python and/or SQL
- Collaborate with engineers and business customers to understand business domain data needs (batch and real time), capture requirements and deliver complete BI solutions
- Develop technical standards and specifications for database models, data security and data warehouse performance
- Prepare technical documentation for current and proposed data modeling tool sets.
- Tune application and query performance using performance profiling tools and SQL
- 5+ years of experience with ETL/ELT design, implementation, and maintenance
- 5+ years of experience with data warehouse schema design and data modeling
- Strong SQL expertise
- Production level experience with Python, SQL, and shell scripting
- Experience with databases
- Maintain data dictionary and enterprise conceptual data models
- Experience in analyzing data to identify deliverables, gaps, and inconsistencies
- Experience with building large scale data processing systems
- Solid understanding of data design patterns and best practices
- Excellent organizational, time management and communication skills
- Must maintain confidentiality of proprietary, financial and personal data
- Familiarity with agile software development practices
- Effective communication skills and strong problem-solving skills
- Proven ability and desire to mentor others in a team environment
- Experience with cloud technologies such as Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Azure and Amazon Web Services Redshift (AWS)
- Experience and knowledge of reporting platforms such as Microsoft Power BI, Looker, Tableau, Data Studio, etc
- Experience with batch and stream processing (Apache Kafka, Confluent, Kinesis)
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
- 5-7 years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Verstand AI is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive compensation and benefits. The firm’s goal is to make data manageable for its clients and provide the means for both commercial success and social good. To that end, Verstand staff have opportunities to work in multiple business verticals and take part in data for social benefit programs.