At Reify Health, we are building a more creative healthcare system. We envision a world where every potential therapy, if safe and effective, is available to the patients who can benefit.
Our healthcare system relies on clinical trials to develop new, potentially life-saving treatments for patients. But clinical trials continue to be slow, unpredictable, and expensive. Reify Health’s product helps both the research leaders driving forward clinical trials and the doctors and nurses who care for the patient participants. As we continue scaling the adoption of our product, we accelerate world-class clinical research and unlock innovation.
We are looking for an energetic person with a passion for high database performance that uses their software development craft to build a global operational platform to ensure our customers achieve their mission. As a fast-growing organization, we expect every engineer to put their fingerprint on what we do and how we do it.
What You’ll Be Working On:
- Work closely with SREs and Engineers to build highly resilient, performant and globally replicated databases.
- Take the lead with schema design, data modeling and query optimization to ensure high application performance.
- Design, create and maintain cloud database infrastructure on Amazon Web Services. Build automation around database problems like performance tuning, backups, restores, failover, schema changes and disaster recovery testing.
- Provide a database performance and availability lens on designs and code reviews.
- Implement observability and analytics tooling to help detect performance bottlenecks and prevent issues before they happen.
- Educate other members on the engineering team to be their own DBA with the applications they work with.
What You Bring to Reify Health:
- Strong expertise and development skills with PostgreSQL. Ability to implement logical replication and active-active replication strategies.
- Knowledge of PostgreSQL features like Foreign Data Wrappers, Event Triggers, etc.
- Ability to implement backwards compatible approaches to database migrations.
- Ability to implement and educate teams on database security best practices.
- Experience with Amazon RDS, Aurora, IAM Based authentication. Well versed in database analytics, logging and observability tooling, able to detect anomalies in performance and automatically handle them.
- Ability to work closely with engineering teams and various stakeholders across the business.
- Experience forming and executing disaster recovery plans and reporting on metrics related to those activities.
- Ability to write tooling to automate common DBA processes.
- Experience with regulatory regimes such as HIPAA and GDPRExperience with event systems like Kafka and RabbitMQ and how they fit with data ingestion.
- Experience with implementing cross-region replication, especially on AWS.
- Intimate knowledge of database engine internals, have the capability to write extensions if needed.
- Knowledge of functional programming languages and philosophy (or existing Clojure chops!).
- Knowledge of other data stores like Elasticsearch, Redis, Graph Databases, MongoDB, etc.
- Experience in a startup environment, or as a fully remote employee – we use Slack and Zoom extensively, and our team is largely comprised of remoters
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive Salary and Stock Options Salary and stock options commensurate to your experience and expertise
- Remote First Our workforce is geographically distributed so that we are attractive to a broader population of candidates
- Flexible Hours Plan your workday as you wish, just give us the majority of your core, creative hours that coincide with that of your team
- Comprehensive Health/Wellness Coverage 100% premium coverage for you (and >50% for your dependents) for: Top-tier health plan (with option of HSA), Dental, Vision, Disability (short-term and long-term), Life insurance (for your entire tenure at Reify), 24/7 access to doctor by phone or online via telemedicine coverage
- Retirement Plan 401(k) plan with employer matching program
- Company-provided Workstation You will be issued a brand new MacBook Pro laptop
- Location Convenience & Transportation For employees who are local to Boston, and want to visit the office, we are located two blocks from Downtown Crossing. Free monthly T pass. Full suite of office accommodations provided by WeWork: unlimited coffee, infused water, and more
- Vacation and Holiday Flexibility Generous paid time-off policy that accrues with your tenure at Reify which includes holiday flexibility and parental leave
We value diversity and believe the unique contributions each of us brings drives our success. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Note: We are unable to sponsor work visas at this time.