Nira (11-50 Employees, N/A 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Nira is looking for a talented Senior/Lead Database Engineer to join our fast-growing engineering team. You will provide technical expertise across design, implementation and operational support of our cloud database platforms.
If you’re a creative problem-solver and enjoy a fast-paced work environment, then this is a great opportunity for you.
What You’ll Do
- Lead the evolution of both relational and non-relational data processing, storage and analytics solutions for Nira
- Solution design/architecture, data modelling
- Influence design and implementation of data engineering and data pipelines bringing data from sources as well as APIs and integration for downstream applications
- Database performance engineering to achieve throughput, resilience and enable scaling
- Code standards, code reviews, technical planning/research, testing/QA
- Assist in scoping, estimating, and planning of projects that are enabled by data processing, storage and analysis technologies
- Collaborate with a squad of 2-5 engineers collaborating to deliver new feature/function bundles
Who We’re Looking For
- You’ve been specifically focused on the database/data storage layer for 8-10 years, across multiple use cases and technologies
- You’ve got 5+ years experience in designing and building enterprise data solutions on open source or OS-derived database technologies such as PostGres or MySQL delivered from providers like AWS through services like Aurora
- You’ve got 3+ years experience with specialist data technologies such as in-memory databases, graph databases, document databases, key-value stores – we’re particularly interested in solutions like MemSQL/SingleStore, Memgraph, AWS Neptune, Redis, Memcached
- You’ve got 5+ years of experience in data modelling and query technologies eg you’re comfortable creating ERDs, using SQL and SQL extensions/wrappers, Gremlin, perhaps Cypher, and have probably looked at technologies like RDF
- You’ve likely seen open source machine learning or analytics in some form during your career – eg Python data science, Pytorch, TensorFlow, Spark, Hadoop etc.
- You’ve got several years of experience working with common backend technologies eg Go, Python, AWS services, Docker, event/streaming solutions like Kafka/SQS, and ETL-ELT/data transformation tools
- You have high accountability and ownership of your work, but a willingness to collaborate with others to achieve shared goals.
- You have a bias towards action. You love to move fast, are self motivated, and a life-long learner.
- You care about working on fast-growing products while iterating and sweating the details.
- You’re willing to do whatever it takes, even if this means working outside of your role (backend help frontend, frontend help backend, handle customer support, etc).
- You’re able to effectively balance speed/quality/tech debt and make engineering decisions that enable speed and quality results.
- You’re a product thinker who cares about the customer.
Benefits and Perks
- Work From Anywhere – 100% remote/distributed team
- Flexible Work Schedule
- BYO Kit or Company Allowance
- Competitive Salary
- Unlimited PTO
- Medical and Dental (US only)