Aurora Solar (201-500 Employees, 174% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
About the role:
Aurora Solar is a fast-growing Series D company on a mission to create a future of solar energy for all. Aurora makes the software that is enabling society to transition to a world powered by solar power. It’s our goal to have every solar installation in the world pass through our software, which has already been used to design millions of solar projects. Named one of “The Best Remote-First Companies To Work for in 2022” by BuiltInSF.com and awarded #1 Solar Software platform by Solar Power World, Aurora is disrupting the energy industry and changing the course of history.
As a Design & Engineering Specialist at Aurora Solar, produce Photovoltaic site plans, drawings, elevations, and equipment details utilizing AutoCAD software. Drawings will include all views and dimensions necessary for permitting and installation. In this role you will be required to make simple to complex designs. You will also influence our product design and direction by relaying customer requests back to Aurora’s Engineering and Management teams. If you enjoy working with people, and geek out about the technical and PV design aspects of the solar industry, we would love to hear from you.
We are a passionate and diverse team that aspires to be the best place for the best people and we’re looking for talented individuals to accelerate our exponential growth as we continue to scale. If you are looking for a stimulating and fulfilling role, come join us!
What you’ll do:
- Manage residential plan sets including detailed electrical wire diagram and construction drawings for PV system installation using Aurora and CAD software packages
- Reviews designs for compliance with NEC, local AHJ, and utility requirements
- Edit permit package revisions using CAD
- Provides technical support to troubleshoot design and/or other technical issues
- Responds to client emails about design questions, kickbacks, or revisions
- Contribute to internal and client-facing documentation
- Work closely with sales, product, engineering, and marketing teams to aid with various initiatives that impact our customers
- Liaise with customers and customer design teams to review modeling discrepancies and take corrective action.
- Identify opportunities to increase customer usage and take action on implementing these steps, or escalating to the appropriate member to do so
What we value:
- BA/BS degree in a relevant discipline
- 3+ years relevant work experience in the design and engineering of residential PV systems
- Experience with AutoCAD (or equivalent)
- Excellent knowledge of NEC code and electrical design requirements
- Experience in permitting processes with local authorities having jurisdiction, preferred.
- Identify and resolve design issues
- Ability to answer complex technical questions
- Provide final review of system designs to ensure a high level of accuracy and completion.
- Excellent written, chat, and verbal communication skills
- Experience in a startup environment
Aurora is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workforce of people who believe in and are passionate about creating a future of solar energy for all. We are an equal opportunity employer, we welcome and consider qualified applicants regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. We encourage you to apply even if you believe that you do not meet all of the above criteria!
For San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.