LaunchDarkly (, 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
We are looking for a talented visual designer with agency or in-house design team experience. You have crafted imaginative advertising campaigns, defined design systems and collaborated with talented content owners. Come join our distributed team of creatives and help us build a fun, fresh and memorable brand.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Create engaging and brand relevant creative assets – Produce web assets, collateral, blog and social images, and more that stay within brand guidelines but push our style to be always evolving and fresh.
- Visualize technical concepts – Create compelling visuals that convey concepts like devops, cloud migration, etc. across mediums, ranging from case studies and e-books to iconography and website design.
- Self-prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously while setting clear expectations with relevant stakeholders.
- Work closely with the design team – Share your work, brainstorm, and work as a team player to implement and evolve our visual brand. Receive and give constructive feedback and effectively incorporate it into revised concepts.
What You Will Bring:
- 3+ years of working as part of design teams at creative agencies or in-house
- You have strong illustrative skills. Concept sketches are a must when working with our content team and copywriters. Icons? No problem, you’ve been there and done that.
- Strong portfolio with examples of design systems and visual asset creation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate effectively in small and large groups and defend your design decisions.
- You have mastered all the usual Adobe tools, such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign. We also use Figma to design web pages and ads. Yes, presentation tools like Keynote, Google Slides and PPT will be used.
- Stay current with the latest design and technology trends across web, desktop, and mobile platforms, and adopt modern techniques as appropriate.
- Ability to uphold responsiveness and collaboration in a remote environment. You are an organized self starter with strong communication skills. Being part of a distributed team requires proactive communication and sometimes even oversharing.
LaunchDarkly is a Feature Management Platform that serves hundreds of billions of feature flags daily to help software teams build better software, faster. Feature flagging is an industry standard methodology of wrapping a new or risky section of code or infrastructure change with a flag. Each flag can easily be turned off independent of code deployment (aka “dark launching”). LaunchDarkly has SDKs for all major web and mobile platforms. We are building a diverse team so that we can offer robust products and services. Our team culture is dynamic, friendly, and supportive. Our headquarters are in Oakland.
At LaunchDarkly, we believe in the power of teams. We’re building a team that is humble, open, collaborative, respectful and kind. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Don’t let the confidence gap get in the way of applying! We’d love to hear from you.
LaunchDarkly is also committed to giving back to our community and is a part of Pledge 1%, an organization that helps companies make this a priority. Through this initiative and its charitable arm, the LaunchDarkly Foundation, the company is committed to such causes as supporting education for the underserved, homelessness relief and moving towards having a net-zero carbon footprint. You can find more about the LaunchDarkly Foundation and the organizations we serve at https://launchdarkly.com/foundation/.