ActBlue (51-200 Employees, 41% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
WHO WE ARE:
ActBlue is a nonprofit that builds tech and infrastructure for Democratic campaigns, progressive-aligned causes, and people trying to make an impact in order to fuel long-term, people-powered change. If you’ve ever given online to a Democrat or progressive organization, chances are you’ve used our powerful online fundraising platform.
We put power in the hands of small-dollar donors and help thousands of groups — from presidential candidates to environmental organizations — build grassroots movements. We envision a democracy where everyone looking to make progressive people-powered change can easily and effectively deploy their resources, energy, and creativity to shape our country and futures. Each and every one of us, from the political activists to the tech innovators to the customer service pros, is fully committed to our mission.
The primary focus of this role is to be the go-to technical resource for ActBlue staff, who work remotely across the country and in ActBlue offices in Davis Square, Somerville. This involves providing high-touch support to our organization executives, overseeing the physical office space, and providing day-to-day end user support. You will handle SAAS administration, monitor and improve IT processes, and own IT-related projects.
The Desktop Support II role will report to the Senior Manager of IT. You will also be tightly connected to Security, who you’ll be working with on the implementation of security-related projects, HR (to refine onboarding and offboarding automation), and other departments. You’ll lead specific application rollouts and assist with projects related to their department’s tech needs.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Oversee, improve, and participate as needed in core IT processes, including but not limited to employee onboarding, offboarding, incident management, and change management;
- Provide day-to-day end-user support and SAAS administration;
- Provide technical support for hardware (laptops, conferencing equipment, peripherals, etc.), as well as core application support;
- Work with vendors to resolve technical issues with our SAAS apps and order tech equipment needed for networking, badge systems, etc;
- Provide end user training and documentation for areas of expertise;
- Coordinate with our security team on related configuration and programs;
- Maintain excellent technical and project documentation;
- Collaborate with team members to effectively manage our IT applications, including security-related tooling and MDM software;
- Work in the office to support conference rooms, create badges, and manage inventory.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Experience with developing, documenting, and maintaining processes, methods, and tools;
- Project management experience, including management of technical projects with significant cross-functional interdependencies;
- Strong experience with Slack, Atlassian, JAMF, GSuite, and Zoom;
- Experience with Okta, SSO, and/or other identity provider integrations;
- Experience supporting Apple computing devices, e.g. Mac, iPhone, iPad;
- Experience supporting meeting room technology, e.g. telephony, video, Zoom, etc;
- Experience implementing and/or being responsible for computer security;
- Experience supporting wired/wireless networking issues;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Friendly, communicative, collaborative approach and style;
- Able to lift 25 pounds.
LOCATION AND COMPENSATION:
ActBlue’s headquarters are located in Davis Square in Somerville, MA, just a few blocks from Boston’s MBTA Red Line train. Due to COVID-19, ActBlue has moved to a remote first organization. The Desktop Support II position is a hybrid role, requiring a minimum of 2 days working in the Somerville office. Proof of vaccination and booster are required. ActBlue will be following state and local guidelines regarding mask requirements in our Somerville office. Masks are not currently required, however we encourage all staff visiting the office to continue to wear a mask according to their comfort level and in situations where social distancing is not possible.
Salary Range: We offer a competitive salary and a generous compensation package, which includes the benefits listed below:
- Flexible work schedules and an unlimited time-off policy
- Fully paid and trans-inclusive health, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their families
- Automatic 2% 401K contribution, plus up to 6% match
- Three months of paid parental leave for all new parents, adoptions included; 4 weeks of a fully paid flexible work schedule; plus an additional one week of paid leave and an additional one week of flexible work schedule for every full year the employee has worked for ActBlue
- Commuter or home-office benefits, including a $1,000 home-office setup allowance for all new full-time remote employees
- Additional perks include quarterly snack deliveries and digital subscriptions to the Boston Globe & New York Times
ActBlue is unable to sponsor work visas at this time.
Women, people of color, LGBTQIA2S+ individuals, and members of other minority or marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply. ActBlue is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status.
ActBlue is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the interview and employment process, including using our online system to apply for a position.