We’re a well-funded (Series A), remote-first team (40+ employees) on a mission to solve the complexities of managing datasets, ML infrastructure, ML models lifecycle, and other ML & data-centric workflows.
We value great collaboration and communication skills, both among internal teams and in how we interact with our users.
We take care to balance and be responsive to the needs of our open source community as well as our enterprise customers.
✅ Check out our open-source projects in GitHub
As an open source first company with an open source ecosystem, our community is everything!
Our code, docs and outreach activities are fueled by community contributions, and user feedback is a huge driver for our product development. We invest heavily in building relationships with data scientists, engineers and developers around the world, from brand new contributors making their first pull request to longtime users working out a special use case.
We’re seeking a Developer Advocate to help us sustain and grow our active, worldwide community!
The ideal candidate will be
- Craft blog posts, release notes, and newsletters to share exciting developments on our projects, amazing contributions, and important technical Q&As.
- Turn frequently-asked questions in the community into reusable resources, like tutorials and use-cases
- Be a connector and maintain an engaged presence online. Respond to timely discussions and questions on social media and design shareable, creative campaigns for regular tweets and posts.
- Enable community members of all skill levels to get involved. Welcome newcomers and encourage creative contributions. When folks make videos, blogs, or projects with our tools, help them boost the signal.
- Lead community-building events like virtual meetups and present at relevant industry conferences
- Be analytical and data-driven in creating useful content for the community. Define, report and analyze metrics to understand our community’s needs and interests.
Skills we’re looking for (must have)
- Experience in either data science or open source software.
- Experience blogging or publishing technical content online. Bonus points if it’s related to open source or data science.
- Experience building and/or managing a technical community.
- Understanding of Git, Git-flow and CI/CD. You don’t have to be a superuser, but we make tools built around Git and you’ll need to know how to use them.
- Strong communication skills. Everyone on our team, from engineers to developer advocates, needs to be able to communicate over digital – platforms kindly and clearly.
- Proficient written and spoken English is required.
Mega Bonus for (Great to have)
- Knowledge of our tools and the MLOps space
- A strong existing network in data science or open source
WHAT WE OFFER
Team is distributed remotely worldwide.
⚓️ Engineering team is involved in product discussions and planning. We do it openly via GitHub or Discord chat. Well-defined process that we all participate in improving.
Besides building the products and the business we participate in conferences (PyCon, PyData, O’Reilly AI, etc). We encourage and support the team in giving talks, writing blog-posts, and other activities.
⚕️ Great health coverage (medical, dental, vision) for you and your family, 100% paid by us (US only, but can discuss and reimburse, adjust the salary in other locations)
️ 401K with 100% match up to 4% of annual salary (US only, but can discuss and reimburse, adjust the salary in other locations)
WE TAKE CARE OF OUR PEOPLE
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, ITERATIVE is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
Great health coverage for you and your family, 100% paid by us (US only, but can discuss and reimburse, adjust the salary in other locations)
Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
Unlimited PTO and sick days