AssemblyAI (11-50 Employees, 517% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
AssemblyAI is an AI company – we build powerful models to transcribe and understand audio data, exposed through simple APIs.
Hundreds of companies, and thousands of developers, use our APIs to both transcribe and understand millions of videos, podcasts, phone calls, and zoom meetings every day. Our APIs power innovative products like conversational intelligence platforms, zoom meeting summarizers, content moderation, and automatic closed captioning.
We’ve been growing at breakneck speed, and are backed by leading investors including Y Combinator’s AI Fund, Patrick and John Collision (Founders of Stripe), Nat Friedman (Former CEO of GitHub), and Daniel Gross (Entrepreneur & Investor in companies including GitHub, Uber, Coinbase, SpaceX, Instacart, Notion, and Cruise Automation).
AssemblyAI’s Speech-to-Text APIs are already trusted by Fortune 500s, startups, and thousands of developers around the world, with well-known customers including Spotify, Algolia, Dow Jones, The Wall Street Journal, and NBCUniversal. As part of a huge and emerging market, AssemblyAI is well on its way to becoming the leader in speech recognition and NLP.
Join our world-class, remote team and help us build an iconic deep learning company.
We are a fully remote team made up of problem solvers, innovators and top AI researchers with 20+ years of experience in Machine Learning, Speech Recognition, and NLP from places like DeepMind, Google, Meta, Amazon, Apple, and Cisco. Our culture is super collaborative, low-ego, transparent, and fast-paced. We want to win – and have a flat organization where everyone can openly share ideas (regardless of their title or position) in order to get the best idea.
As a remote company, our team members are given a lot of trust and autonomy to work where and how they want. We look for people to join our team who are ambitious, curious, and self-motivated, and we put a lot of trust and autonomy into everyone on our team. We want to empower everyone to do their best work with whatever tools, structures, or resources they need to perform at their highest potential.
AssemblyAI is growing quickly, and we’re searching for a Developer Educator who will create high quality content for the developer community. With significant investment and strong leadership to fuel our growth, it’s the perfect time to join the AssemblyAI team!
In this role you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Create high quality programming and machine learning content for the developer community. Content created by our Developer Education team will include technical deep dives on the AssemblyAI blog.
- Create projects & tutorials with our API and interact with developers in our community. You will create tutorials and example projects with the AssemblyAI API, new AssemblyAI features, and interact with our community of developers on Reddit, Hacker News, and Discord
To see the work our Developer Education team has been up to so far, you can check out the below content:
- 3+ years of experience with Python
- Some experience with Machine Learning or Deep Learning libraries like PyTorch, TensorFlow, Keras, SciPy, etc.
- A proven interest in creating educational or interesting developer content (blogs, open source projects, etc.)
- A plus would be some experience with SEO or marketing
- Experience with writing scalable, reliable, performant and overall high quality components and applications
- Experience working with API’s
- Start-up experience
- Ability to effectively communicate complex technical topics in a simple way
- You are a self-starter, well organized, creative, results-oriented, quality minded and a team-first player
- Great relationship builder and networker
- Strong written & verbal communication, research, and presentation skills
- Competitive Salary + Bonus
- 100% Remote team
- Unlimited PTO
- Premium Healthcare (100% Covered for you + dependents)
- Vision & Dental Care
- $1K budget for your home office setup
- New Macbook Pro (or PC if you prefer)
- 3-4x/year company paid team retreat
Please mention the word COMPASSIONATE when applying to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid fake spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and instantly see they’re human.