Hostaway (11-50 Employees, N/A 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Here at Hostaway, we are the leading and fastest growing company in the rental vacation industry. We are preferred partners of the largest booking services: Airbnb, Booking.com, Vrbo, Expedia. We are hiring a decisive, insightful and experienced DevOps Engineer to join our reputable company and help us keep growing.
What will you do
The DevOps engineer will be involved in various stages of each product’s lifespan and should remain abreast of technological advancements to promote efficiency. You will establish configuration management, automate our infrastructure, implement continuous integration, and use best practices to achieve a continuously deployable system. You will help us build scalable, efficient cloud infrastructure.
About the company
At Hostaway our mission is to partner with property managers in the growth of their business by providing tools to achieve their goals. We are solutions-oriented and our partners Airbnb, Vrbo and Booking.com recognize this by awarding us Preferred and Premier statuses.
Our product is a PMS & Channel Manager system that allows you to synchronize work with travel portals. We provide tools to automate and simplify marketing, sales, communication, operations, reporting and accounting.
Being part of the Hostaway team is a partnership. We strive to make Hostaway a place where you can thrive and do your most inspirational work. Here are a few benefits we offer:
- Career growth and professional development in a rapidly growing global project;
- Comfortable working mode: 100% remote, flexible start of the working day
- Professional development assistance
- Competitive salary
- Payment for tuition, courses and conference tickets
- Stock options Program
Search location: European Union only
- 3+ years of experience building a DevOps infrastructure
- Experience and deep understanding of building CI/CD processes
- 2+ years experience with AWS services (EC2, Security, Networking, Cloudfront, CodeDeploy, SSM)
- Good understanding of Linux (Ubuntu) and networking.
- Strong working knowledge of Cloud cost management, for AWS and/or Azure in particular;
- Working knowledge of modern CI and CD tooling;
- Good knowledge of Jenkins and job automation tools
- Proficiency of Bash scripting language
- Familiarity with AWS SDK
- Exposure to modern monitoring, alerting and logging tools: ELK, Sentry
- Experience in project coordination and coaching teams in key areas of DevOps related competencies;
- Knowledge of various monitoring and logging tools
- Experience in building enterprise-level secure infrastructure architecture
- Production systems support experience
- Fluent English and outstanding communication skills
- Strong analysis, investigation and troubleshooting skills
- Help our development to apply best practices as early as possible in the build and delivery chain;
- Ensure that our services and infrastructure is secure, highly available and scalable;
- Help us with infrastructure and service configuration for performance tuning;
- Work on the automation of infrastructure administration tasks, i.e. UNIX/Linux OS – installation, configuration, maintenance automationIntegrate and evolve in-house developed and external well-known monitoring systems
- Be proactive in identifying and troubleshooting problems in testing and production environments, (generating solutions and bug reports when required) and monitoring network and systems health and status, and continuously making improvements
- Solve critical problems in environments and platforms, such as: unavailability/ outage/ inconsistency/ misconfiguration/ data delays/ etc.
- Diagnose complex issues